Starfield - Information Thread, update: May Update (detailed surface maps, difficulty options, display settings) to release on May 15

SaysWho?

Just now, stepee said:

Yeah she’s fine in combat but I hate listening to her drone on about shit 

If you have a moment I like to talk to you for a moment lol

I need to get back to Starfield. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Are you still playing Ball Sack or have you lost interest 

I will absolutely go back to BG3. It's just that Persona 5 is so damn good i am putting all my attention towards that. My only concern is that it's 100 hours long. I'm not built for something like that. 

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I will absolutely go back to BG3. It's just that Persona 5 is so damn good i am putting all my attention towards that. My only concern is that it's 100 hours long. I'm not built for something like that. 

Well, BG3 is also the same length, and I think DOS2 is also (maybe a little shorter), so you can just keep cycling through them whenever it’s too much of one

• True 1

lmaoooo well that worked out well then

Huge spoilers maybe 2/3rd through the main story, don’t click unless you don’t care or already beat it:

Sarah dead! I kinda felt bad since I had just finished talking shit about her here but I’m guessing someone else was going to die if I didn’t choose to defend the lodge so I’m glad that was my choice!

10 hours ago, stepee said:

lmaoooo well that worked out well then

Huge spoilers maybe 2/3rd through the main story, don’t click unless you don’t care or already beat it:

Reveal hidden contents

14 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'll shut my mouth with spoilers.  :shh:

That's what I wanted to tell you lol. 

• Haha 1

Just now, best3444 said:

What's the coolest mod so far? Any visual improvements?

idk Im playing it pretty vanilla, I haven’t checked out what’s out there. Wade posted someone who is working on making playable mechs which sounds cool. If I do any mod stuff it’ll be after I beat it. The one thing I did is just a console command to remove the weight limit like I do in every one of these.

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

What's the coolest mod so far? Any visual improvements?

Oh actually I forgot because it should be standard but I do have one visual mod installed, Luma, which fixes the raised blacks while retaining the default color filters and also adds real hdr instead of their tone mapped sdr 200nit nonsense. Definitely a must.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh actually I forgot because it should be standard but I do have one visual mod installed, Luma, which fixes the raised blacks while retaining the default color filters and also adds real hdr instead of their tone mapped sdr 200nit nonsense. Definitely a must.

Now if only they can mod the mutant NPC'S to look like normal humans. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Fuckin nice. I really wish I could get back to it but I'm not spending money on gamepass. It's a really great game no matter how bad @Xbob42 says it is. 

I’m playing it this weekend for sure. GamePass Ultimate ain’t but $17 for a month. Shit, you’ve been buying games like you Bill Gates lately. 

• Hype 1

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m playing it this weekend for sure. GamePass Ultimate ain’t but $17 for a month. Shit, you’ve been buying games like you Bill Gates lately. 

It’s actually way cheaper if you do the trick I posted :P Even my Mom was able to figure it out with my instructions! I’m paying about $6.50/mo

• Hype 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s actually way cheaper if you do the trick I posted :P Even my Mom was able to figure it out with my instructions! I’m paying about $6.50/mo

I’m going to need those instructions in about 6 months when my subscription runs out 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

Fuckin nice. I really wish I could get back to it but I'm not spending money on gamepass. It's a really great game no matter how bad @Xbob42 says it is. 

Hey man, when the scruffy dude hanging out in front of 7-Eleven is eating his raw pigeon at 3AM, who am I to tell him it's gross?

42 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Hey man, when the scruffy dude hanging out in front of 7-Eleven is eating his raw pigeon at 3AM, who am I to tell him it's gross?

You should give him the pro tip to hang outside a Dominos before they close and they give away free pizza.

22 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You should give him the pro tip to hang outside a Dominos before they close and they give away free pizza.

Well shit, fuck him, I'm hanging outside the Dominos, then!

• Haha 1
  • Hype 1

11 hours ago, Biggie said:

Shit, you’ve been buying games like you Bill Gates lately. 

Huh? I made the idiotic mistake in buying Armored Core 6. That's the only game I bought and it was birthday money. Stepee bought me the other stuff....I'm homeless. 

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

You're weird. You played Starfield for over 100 hours and then come on here and write a 10 page essay in why it's the worst game ever. I never listen or read what you say anymore. Fizzzzle nailed you 100% the other day.