Starfield - Information Thread, update: May Update (detailed surface maps, difficulty options, display settings) to release on May 15

SaysWho?

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Anyone know a good place to unload contraband? I went to some planet just wanting to get aluminum and then found some base that had a chest full of stolen artwork outside. It's worth a lot but I can't go to a place that scans you for contraband to get rid of it.

I can't help you but I just read someone had $4 million worth of contraband without cheating lol. 

I don't know if this is a story thing or not since it seems like up to this point a lot of bases are kind of repeats. I found some huge research base but it's underground and messed up because it's covered in ice. I've spent like the last 40 minutes are so just exploring every nook and cranny, plus there are a ton of pirates. Wild stuff!

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Anyone know a good place to unload contraband? I went to some planet just wanting to get aluminum and then found some base that had a chest full of stolen artwork outside. It's worth a lot but I can't go to a place that scans you for contraband to get rid of it.

Trade Authority stores (not the kiosk) will buy contraband. 

• Thanks 1

I don't know if this is a story thing or not since it seems like up to this point a lot of bases are kind of repeats. I found some huge research base but it's underground and messed up because it's covered in ice. I've spent like the last 40 minutes are so just exploring every nook and cranny, plus there are a ton of pirates. Wild stuff!

this was actually the first base I encountered in the game right after you get the Frontier and Vasco tells you to land on a planet to hide out from the Crimson Fleet. I’ve seen it 2 more times since then.  It’s funny because if you find the keys to some of the locked doors they work in every base just like it all over the galaxy. lol

the den is the best place I’ve found. They don’t scan your ship in that system and you can just go straight to the trade vendor. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

The Star Eagle just rips through combat and I'm advancing further each hour because of it. The space combat is perfectly fine with a controller so stop using KB/mouse @Paperclyp!

:p

I prefer the KB / M for almost everything else - the only other time it's annoying is when you're just doing the ol' Gears of War walk and talk and sprinting forward waiting sprinting forward waiting etc, annoying that they can't match the walking speed with the NPCs (even the "walk" is too slow for the NPCs so you have to jut forward when you fall far enough behind). 

So it becomes a game of...welp can i handle this fight with the KB and mouse, oh, nope I died 10 times in a row better switch to the pad or better yet just shut the game off for the night. 

WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Something Wicked Games snatches another veteran for their horror-RPG

Starfield’s lead quest designer, also a Bethesda design director, is leaving the studio to help other genre veterans make another open-world RPG.

Will Shen was the lead quest designer and eventually design director on Starfield - meaning he’s responsible for some of the space epic’s very best moments - but he’s actually been working on Bethesda RPGs since Fallout 3. In an interview with Game Developer, Shen confirmed that he’s now joining developer Something Weird Games, a studio that was founded by another ex-Bethesda lead. The team now houses an all-star lineup of RPG developers with former BioWare, Bethesda, and Obsidian staff employed at the new studio.

Shen said his new role would bridge the gap between the studio’s narrative and design teams to help the game achieve a more cohesive vision. “I think one of the things that makes triple-A role-playing games really come together is when it feels like the game has some kind of singular direction,” he said.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Starfield - Information Thread, update: Starfield lead quest designer departs Bethesda for start-up Something Wicked Games
1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Boy, this Crimson Fleet quest line is long but really entertaining. This game is extremely good and my score after 30+ hours is a really solid 9/10. It's the best Bethesda has been along with Skyrim. It's just a complete joy to play. 

It’s very long 

Just now, best3444 said:

Are you playing other stuff at the moment? You getting Spidey on Friday?

Yeah Gears online and Halo Infinite.  Might hold off on Spider-Man 2. I'll see, the hype might get to me but I got so much to play and I wanna get Mario Wonder.

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yeah Gears online and Halo Infinite.  Might hold off on Spider-Man 2. I'll see, the hype might get to me but I got so much to play and I wanna get Mario Wonder.

Yea, I really want Spiderman but I litteraly can't afford it until next pay. So next Friday. Mario will be fantastic but I don't play side scrollers.

I played Halo online and it was very good. I just don't enjoy online gaming anymore. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

@Spawn_of_Apathy How do I get into a relationship with Andreja? I have her as a companion and have had multiple conversations initiated by her. She likes everything I say so why can't I get into her pants?

you are on the right track. Be sure you’re choosing the Flirt options whenever you get the chance. Eventually she will tell you about some quest for her. Complete that and you have a chance to use the romance option and get into a relationship. 

• Thanks 1

Wtf... @Biggie I think I was getting close to beating the Crimson Fleet quest line and then

Spoiler

The key got ambushed by sysdef or whatever. I litteraly could barely get any shots in and my ship was destroyed. Now, I have put a lot of points towards my ship and even maxed out my shields. I have the star eagle, too. Did you beat that section? If so, how?

After I kept getting killed I switched over to the main quest and it's getting really interesting. Phenomenal game.

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Wtf... @Biggie I think I was getting close to beating the Crimson Fleet quest line and then

Hide contents

The key got ambushed by sysdef or whatever. I litteraly could barely get any shots in and my ship was destroyed. Now, I have put a lot of points towards my ship and even maxed out my shields. I have the star eagle, too. Did you beat that section? If so, how?

After I kept getting killed I switched over to the main quest and it's getting really interesting. Phenomenal game.

Is that where you are trying to located the 

Spoiler

Female Crimson Fleet soldier and she is hiding out in the hospital?

21 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Is that where you are trying to located the 

Hide contents

Female Crimson Fleet soldier and she is hiding out in the hospital?

No. I got Kryx stuff and was heading back to the key when it got ambushed. I'm trying to find this on a guide so I can explain this better. 

Ok, I looked it up and it's the end of the questline. You get $250,000 credits too. I will have to get my ship stronger to finish this off. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

No. I got Kryx stuff and was heading back to the key when it got ambushed. I'm trying to find this on a guide so I can explain this better. 

Ok, I looked it up and it's the end of the questline. You get $250,000 credits too. I will have to get my ship stronger to finish this off. 

I must have not finished it yet. I’ll check when I play again. 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@best3444 you still have trouble with the space combat stuff? One other thing I forgot to mention because I JUST realized this the other night is that boosting is the best way to dodge those pesky missle locks. I literally just discovered this the other night.

I think personally for me the hardest part was your first ship sucks. When I stole a ship any other space combat skirmish was very easy. This was without even leveling up the space combat skills (skillz?). Then leveling up targeting and other skills just makes it even easier.

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@best3444 you still have trouble with the space combat stuff? One other thing I forgot to mention because I JUST realized this the other night is that boosting is the best way to dodge those pesky missle locks. I literally just discovered this the other night.

I absolutely boost to evade but holy shit this section is crazy. Ships everywhere and no room to breathe. I have dominated every space combat fight since getting the star eagle and upgrading my ship. Have you played this section?

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think personally for me the hardest part was your first ship sucks. When I stole a ship any other space combat skirmish was very easy. This was without even leveling up the space combat skills (skillz?). Then leveling up targeting and other skills just makes it even easier.

Yea, but I have a great ship now and this particular section is brutal. 

15 hours ago, best3444 said:

Hide contents

I had a weak ship but won just by camping out at the edge of the battle and then attacking a ship when another fleet ship got the shields down on a bad guy

7 minutes ago, UpvoteShittyTakesOnly said:

I had a weak ship but won just by camping out at the edge of the battle and then attacking a ship when another fleet ship got the shields down on a bad guy

So you're talking specifically about this particular mission? I'll try that if that's what you mean.