White House orders FDA chief to authorize Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine Friday or submit his resignation

Jason

The Trump administration earlier this year passed on buying up more of the Pfizer vaccine for Americans when they had the chance. The Pfizer vaccine wasn't even funded by the government, as it wasn't even a part of Operation Warp Idiot, so they didn't even help facilitate the creation of this vaccine (I forget if the AstraZeneca or Moderna ones were funded at all by Operation Warp Moron?).

But now they want it authorized right away! This is like a college student who didn't write any of their big research paper until the last minute, then go to someone to pay to write the paper, and then be upset when, while you had months to write the paper, they can't get it done in one day and so you refuse to pay them, you fire them, and then you blame them for the lack of your paper not being done. Yep, makes sense. Totally logical. Honestly, that probably was Trump in college at Penn (lol Trump at an Ivy League school, yeah okay).

Are we winning bigly yet?

12 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I'll ask again: why does it take the US so long to review and approve when compared to Canada?

I can't say for the state of the US but Canada approved faster than normal by them pouring over the data as soon as they got sent it and doing shifts 24/7 until they reviewed all of it. So it's not like their approval was the norm.

15 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I'll ask again: why does it take the US so long to review and approve when compared to Canada?

This was about as good of an answer as I could get you:

10VIRUS-FDA1-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The blessing of these experts means that the agency will likely OK the vaccine’s use, paving the way for health care workers to begin getting shots next week.

Regulators sometimes received documents from the companies as late as midnight and worked through the Thanksgiving holiday. Dr. Peter Marks, the top vaccine regulator at the F.D.A., joked last week at an event hosted by the American Medical Association that his team ate turkey sandwiches while examining documents.

“Among all global regulators, we are the ones that actually don’t just look at the company’s tables. We actually get down and dirty and we look at the actual adverse event reports, the bad spelling errors that are made by physicians sometimes, et cetera,” he said at the event.

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

This was about as good of an answer as I could get you:

10VIRUS-FDA1-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The blessing of these experts means that the agency will likely OK the vaccine’s use, paving the way for health care workers to begin getting shots next week.

Now that's a fine reason