The Cyberpunk Gameplay Discussion Thread

skillzdadirecta

I don't think the Male V voice is bad at all for the character. I think it fits very well. I also think the Male V voice shows a bit more range in the Panam quests.

Speaking of Panam, the only redeeming thing about her is her ass. She is a total brat. Like, I am on the final quest to establish the romance, but if I actually had options I would not have went with Panam. It is a huge bummer the is no Corpo woman to romance. I mean there was that one chick where you had the fling but that isn't a romance. Tho, even if Judy was an option for male V I might still pick Panam cuz I don't care for Judy either. 

The main reason I don't like Panam is I feel like V becomes a totally different character when around her. Even when not attempting romance, V seems to have a softer voice and is much more kinder. Like, I have played V as corpo as possible or at least what I feel is Corpo and V acts like a natural fucking Nomad the moments he enters that shitty desert. Like, I feel like the Corpo life path shouldn't have even been an option cuz V never feels like ex-corpo. He feels like a crossbreed between Nomad and Street Kid like 90% of the time. I wish I went nomad. 

I guess a lot of people are bothered by the Sinnerman questline. 

Spoiler

There are chumps what want to 'save' Joshua. For me, I was a bit let down. Like, I disliked liked how solemn V seem through it. When I hammered that bitch to the cross I was like "suffer bitch!" but V was all like "me sad, sadface." Like, should have been an option to nail his head to the cross. Now that would have made the quest great. I wonder what Johnny would have said. Should have taken the Corpo option for more cash. 

33 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I was wondering about this because I was planning on doing a Corpo playthrough and I wondered how much diiferent an ex-corpo V would be.

It feels like V never worked for a corp. I expected a Corpo V to be a bit more ruthless, but he isn't. Most Corpo options are just "Yeah, I used to be a Corpo rat so I know this is what the Corp will be doing, now shut up. Also, give me more money." My V feels like a total Nomad-Street Kid combo package with a corpo option here and there. Maybe there will be some extra corpo shit at the end, but I doubt it. I played thru the Nomad intro the other day and it was a much more natural progression to becoming a Merc than the Corpo path. 

11 minutes ago, Bacon said:

It feel like V never worked for a corp. I expected a Corpo V to be a bit more ruthless, but he isn't. Most Corpo options are just "Yeah, I used to be a Corpo rat so I know this is what the Corp will be doing, now shut up. Also, give me more money." My V feels like a total Nomad-Street Kid combo package with a corpo option here and there. Maybe there will be some extra corpo shit at the end, but I doubt it. I played thru the Nomad intro the other day and it was a much more natural progression to becoming a Merc than the Corpo path. 

The story very much feels like it was written with player choosing Nomad or Street and Corp was an after thought. Nomad/Street dialog can straddle the same line and still move the story in the way they intended to go. Corpo should be the most interesting in dialog choice but would require more work to get to the same end game, so they decided to just throw bland white bread dialog instead.

57 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Reveal hidden contents

If the launch had gone off without a hitch I think there would be some controversy around this quest line. 

Spoiler

I felt appropriately conflicted about it when the time came to take the goy to pound town. 

My reasoning was 

1: A murderer should not think of himself as a christ like figure and be allowed to martyr himself 

2: A company should not profit from the killing of someone who's obviously mentally ill 

Obviously I still did it because I'm not q coward. 

During the big mission of Act 1 I thought the Corpo life path would play a bigger role. I kept waiting, but nothing happened. V should have felt like a fish in water during that mission, but at times he seemed as much out of water as Jackie was. 

2 minutes ago, Moa said:

If the launch had gone off without a hitch I think there would be some controversy around this quest line. 

Reveal hidden contents

I really wanted to pick the Corpo option for the quest, but I didn't want the shit to end early. I totally wanted to profit of the death like that but then I would see the proper ending. I hate when quests do that. Greater Reward vs More Story Content. I don't feel like it is fair to cut the story short because you picked the path of more money. 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I really wanted to pick the Corpo option for the quest, but I didn't want the shit to end early. I totally wanted to profit of the death like that but then I would see the proper ending. I hate when quests do that. Greater Reward vs More Story Content. I don't feel like it is fair to cut the story short because you picked the path of more money. 

Yeah, it's definitely bad design. "We'll literally pay you to miss out on content." I wonder if that actually ends the quest chain or not or if they find a way to pull you back in in the end. 

1 minute ago, Moa said:

Yeah, it's definitely bad design. "We'll literally pay you to miss out on content." I wonder if that actually ends the quest chain or not or if they find a way to pull you back in in the end. 

I looked it up. That's how I knew not to go for more money. Cuz that I what I was gonna pick. 

I am tired of perks in video games. This game, the outer worlds, and some other game I can't think of at the moment all have perks they just feel like a waste of time. They are just so boring, bland, and bad. Like, more damage is good and so is more movement speed but that shit is pretty boring. I feel like I have such a hard time choosing between perks and even attribute points somewhat because they are just so lackluster. For me it is easier to choose between three really good perks than it is three bad ones. They just feel so unimportant. With some of these games I feel they should have went all dark souls and just only have stat points. Part of the issue might be that I am not investing in the tech, intelligence, or cool skill trees. But I'm not investing in them because they just feel so useless in a game where weapon damage is King.

Maybe stealth is really good on the hardest difficulty but stealth just doesn't feel worth it with how long it takes to be stealthy and running and gunning seems to be the fastest and most viable method of getting through missions. Or like why bother quick hacking someone when you could just shoot them in the head with a sniper rifle and kill them in one shot or maybe two? There are also, at least so far, no mandatory stealth sections. Stealth is always optional and it really shows. Even when the game tells you to be stealthy it is faster and more fun, at least for me, to just go in guns blazing. There was this mission with some nomads where I had to rescue their leader and your companion character for this mission tells you to go in as sly as a fox. They wanted me to stealth through this entire complex and then stealth back out with the leader. Instead, I just cleared the entire complex and got done with the combat section of the mission in under 5 minutes. I faced zero repercussions for not stealthing. I'm not trying to rush through the game but I am really not a fan of slow and methodical gameplay especially in a game where you aren't particularly rewarded for it.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Sinnerman can be acquired after completing Life During Wartime and after receiving a call from Wakako Okada.

2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

cyberpunk 2077 - sinnerman guide

You have to be so far into the story before it unlocks

I just actually got it. But I missed what she says on the call bc it came in during another dialogue and both were playing at once . So frustrating. 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I am tired of perks in video games. This game, the outer worlds, and some other game I can't think of at the moment all have perks they just feel like a waste of time. They are just so boring, bland, and bad. Like, more damage is good and so is more movement speed but that shit is pretty boring. I feel like I have such a hard time choosing between perks and even attribute points somewhat because they are just so lackluster. For me it is easier to choose between three really good perks than it is three bad ones. They just feel so unimportant. With some of these games I feel they should have went all dark souls and just only have stat points. Part of the issue might be that I am not investing in the tech, intelligence, or cool skill trees. But I'm not investing in them because they just feel so useless in a game where weapon damage is King.

Maybe stealth is really good on the hardest difficulty but stealth just doesn't feel worth it with how long it takes to be stealthy and running and gunning seems to be the fastest and most viable method of getting through missions. Or like why bother quick hacking someone when you could just shoot them in the head with a sniper rifle and kill them in one shot or maybe two? There are also, at least so far, no mandatory stealth sections. Stealth is always optional and it really shows. Even when the game tells you to be stealthy it is faster and more fun, at least for me, to just go in guns blazing. There was this mission with some nomads where I had to rescue their leader and your companion character for this mission tells you to go in as sly as a fox. They wanted me to stealth through this entire complex and then stealth back out with the leader. Instead, I just cleared the entire complex and got done with the combat section of the mission in under 5 minutes. I faced zero repercussions for not stealthing. I'm not trying to rush through the game but I am really not a fan of slow and methodical gameplay especially in a game where you aren't particularly rewarded for it.

I mean it's a role playing game so you're free to play the way you want. The game doesn't force you to play one way or the other. I did that mission you're talking about and while I was totally free to go in guns blazing, I did manage to stealth all the way in and all the way out undetected. The game could do a better job of rewarding one approach over the other but I DO admire the freedom it gives you in approaching how to tackle missions. Watchdogs Legion has a similar approach.

Finished Panam’s missions - unless there is other options 

Spoiler

Having sex with her in the tank was lame. I wanted to see her boobies at least 

I finished Sinnerman and I think I have one more mission for Judy 

Spoiler

Although maybe not bc I murdered Maiko and the Tyger Claws who run Clouds. She seemed pretty upset after that. 

I think at this point at around 37-38hrs in, I’m going to finish up the main mission. I’ll then come back to this game when it’s cleaned up and the DLC is released and do a bunch of the side missions and more exploration. 

8 hours ago, atom631 said:

Finished Panam’s missions - unless there is other options 

Hide contents

Having sex with her in the tank was lame. I wanted to see her boobies at least 

I finished Sinnerman and I think I have one more mission for Judy 

Hide contents

Although maybe not bc I murdered Maiko and the Tyger Claws who run Clouds. She seemed pretty upset after that. 

I think at this point at around 37-38hrs in, I’m going to finish up the main mission. I’ll then come back to this game when it’s cleaned up and the DLC is released and do a bunch of the side missions and more exploration. 

Panama boobies don't matter, it's that ass!

Surprised there's no boobies though. The Judy section scene has full nudity.

43 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Panama boobies don't matter, it's that ass!

Surprised there's no boobies though. The Judy section scene has full nudity.

this makes me sad. I wanted to sex up Judy. This is discrimination against cis white men! Why isn’t polygon all over this?. 

• Haha 1

Finally, a bug that wasn't annoying 

Spoiler

?imw=2048&imh=1152&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

The bug that annoys me the most is the "press button to draw weapon" prompt duplicating and stacking.  

abd41d35f1fab732e3829429bc493a0f.png

I've had 4 prompts stacked up at times. 

Also, about the Panam thing [nsfw]

Spoiler

You do see boob. Shitty images tho. 

cyberpunk-2077-panam-romance-3.jpg

cyberpunk-2077-panam-romance-4.jpg

But yeah, Panam's scene is LAME AF. The fucking Fable Brothels have better scenes and that just fades to black. 

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

Finally, a bug that wasn't annoying 

Hide contents

?imw=2048&imh=1152&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

The bug that annoys me the most is the "press button to draw weapon" prompt duplicating and stacking.  

Hide contents

You do see boob. Shitty images tho. 

cyberpunk-2077-panam-romance-3.jpg

cyberpunk-2077-panam-romance-4.jpg

But yeah, Panam's scene is LAME AF. The fucking Fable Brothels have better scenes and that just fades to black. 

Huh. Could’ve sworn she had a shirt on the entire time. 

On 12/27/2020 at 2:42 PM, Bacon said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's what I actually ended up doing... I really didn't care enough to see that questline through :p 

Spoiler

I took the payoff and let them do as they will.

12 hours ago, Bacon said:

I’ve had various prompts including ones for combat controls and driving controls stacked together taking up the entire right side of my screen.

Reveal hidden contents

Hooray for boobies.

Panam's scene is LAME AF. The fucking Fable Brothels have better scenes and that just fades to black. 

:lol:

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@Phaseknox did you get Avengers? You should because you'd probably like it and its cheap right now. 29.99 bucks. I know you're primarily a single player guy and you can play the whole game in its entirety solo.

I got it for my son for Xmas. I plan on giving it a try pretty soon, probably after I wrap up cyberpunk. 

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@Phaseknox did you get Avengers? You should because you'd probably like it and its cheap right now. 29.99 bucks. I know you're primarily a single player guy and you can play the whole game in its entirety solo.

I haven’t gotten it yet, but I plan to soon along with some other new games that have also gotten cheaper recently such as Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, Watch Dogs: Legion and Yakuza: Like a Dragon.

I just got Immortals: Fenyx Rising which is a game that I’ve been wanting, and I’ve been buying a lot of digital/indie games as well because the PlayStation Store has been having some great deals.

My backlog is burying me, and I continue to add to it. :silly:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's what I actually ended up doing... I really didn't care enough to see that questline through :p 

Usually, I just want to see all of the prime story content that there is in a game. This mission is one of them. But then enters this quest called sweet dreams. You need to spend 20k bucks just to start the first phase of the quest. And then

Spoiler

all that happens is that you end up waking up in one of those scav harvesting houses, like in the first mission post life path, and fight your way out. You get no reward aside from street cred and XP. There is no option to get your money back even tho you can still the guy who took your money. 

Sweet Dreams is probably the only quest I'll never do.

33 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Usually, I just want to see all of the prime story content that there is in a game. This mission is one of them. But then enters this quest called sweet dreams. You need to spend 20k bucks just to start the first phase of the quest. And then

Hide contents

all that happens is that you end up waking up in one of those scav harvesting houses, like in the first mission post life path, and fight your way out. You get no reward aside from street cred and XP. There is no option to get your money back even tho you can still the guy who took your money. 

Sweet Dreams is probably the only quest I'll never do.

Who cares about the money. It's way too easy to get in this game.

4 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Who cares about the money. 

Me. I only have 90k and I need to by cyberware for the fist missions. But that isn't the main point. The point is that you spent 20k to basically tick a box. You get next to nothing for spending 20k.