Free Stadia Controller and Chromecast Ultra for YouTube Premium Subs

Slug

If you've been a YouTube Premium sub since before last week (11/6), they'll send you a free Stadia/Chromecast combo.

https://stadia.google.com/SdFGljSduV5z

Get you some.

Unfortunately I canceled my subscription to Google services when G Play Music went dark.

Edit: As Spork points out, you have to sign up the free trial of the Stadia subscription.  Do it then cancel once the free stuff ships.  Or not.  Up to you. :P

• Thanks 1

Started the free trial sign-up then stopped because they needed my CC's CV2 code and I was doing it between sets at the gym. Just finished it, now I guess I need to wait for them to email me the code for the free controller + Chromecast? I only did this because I want the Chromecast so I can give it to my dad: he wants to use HBO Max and Comcast/Xfinity doesn't have the app available yet for their cable boxes, and his firestick doesn't have the app either. Once I get the shipping notification for the free stuff I'm canceling the Stadia subscription :p 

1 hour ago, thedarkstark said:

not emails, every time you watch a video from now on be prepared to click "no I don't want to rejoin" first, then watching 3 ad videos.

This if for those of us paying for YouTube Premium.  We do not get ads on YouTube no matter the device we access YouTube on.  The only way Google could spam us is through email.   

2 minutes ago, vaxick said:

This if for those of us paying for YouTube Premium.  We do not get ads on YouTube no matter the device we access YouTube on.  The only way Google could spam us is through email.   

Yeah I meant when you cancel youtube premium, I  should have specified. 

I was given GUEST access to youtube premium for 1 month like 2 year ago and I still get all these bullshit ads to "come back"  it's so annoying I've considered making a new account.

:lol: My order still hasn’t shipped, there’s a note that google typically prepares orders for shipment “within an hour”: the estimated arrival is November 26th, so my conspiracy hat is telling me that google is purposely taking extra long to ship these out to stop people from immediately canceling their stadia trial/subscription :lol: 

53 minutes ago, brandino said:

I got my trial started. It expires on the 12th. My system won't ship till the end of November. :/

Oh well, I'll still cancel

Mine says January 7-8, lol.  You'd think Google would start your free trial when you actually have your controller in hand, but this just seems fitting given how much of a trainwreck Stadia has been.  I just wanted to play through Gylt while I have my month trial, and sure, I could play it on the PC, but I would have preferred to play it on my television.  

Got mine yesterday. The controller is way more comfortable than I thought, though, I haven’t actually played a game with it, just fiddled around with it. Chromecast is an absolute shit streaming box. WTF, why is it like this and not just a normal friggen Android box? Awful. For free, I can’t complain, but, yeesh. 

Anyway, time to cancel! :p