PC Really Needs To Up Its HDR Game

SimpleG

So I am primarily a PC gamer and do much of my gaming on 2 monitors , a high refresh 1440p g sync and a 4k next to it. My PS4 has been hooked to the 4k for awhile now but last night I was bored listening to some music and decided to hook my PS4 to my Samsung Q . As much I hate the low fps of the PS4, the HDR is a god dam haymaker to the face. I am really disappointed in myself for missing out on it for so long ,its really pushing me to skip the 3080 and just buy a PS5 or XsX .

PC games skipping HDR is travesty and really needs to be implemented better

23 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

Agreed.  They need to take a break from pushing higher refresh rates and get more on board with HDR.  Playing Gran Turismo Sport with HDR is eyegasmic.

What...? HDR doesn’t affect framerate.

Anyway, I have an ASUS PG27UQ. HDR is great on it at 4k 120hz GSYNC. :p 

Just now, Spork3245 said:

What...? HDR doesn’t affect framerate.

Anyway, I have an ASUS PG27UQ. HDR is great on it at 4k 120hz GSYNC. :p 

Not what I'm implying.  I'm referring to PC monitors that keep getting higher and higher refresh rates.  We need more HDR capable PC monitors to hit the market.

53 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

:silly: 

That doesn’t mean what you are saying it means. He is saying that manufacturers have been focusing on upping refresh rates (evidence: all the high refresh rate monitors) but have put little effort into HDR (evidence: the handful of HDR monitors you just mentioned). His point is priorities of the manufacturers.

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

That doesn’t mean what you are saying it means. He is saying that manufacturers have been focusing on upping refresh rates (evidence: all the high refresh rate monitors) but have put little effort into HDR (evidence: the handful of HDR monitors you just mentioned). His point is priorities of the manufacturers.

Or, and hear me out here, they can do both.

The issue with a lack of (real) HDR monitors, afaik, is weird VESA standard certifications compared to TVs, not a lack of focus.