The Coalition - "Alpha Point" Unreal Engine 5 Tech Demo

Mr.Vic20

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Coalition - "Alpha Point" Unreal Engine 5 Tech Demo
25 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Soooo, I personally don't find that first demo very impressive. The character model is nice though. I'm not unhappy, but I'm hardly blown away by these. 

I'd be more interested in how much time it took them to put together. If they whipped up the tech demo in like, two weeks, I'd be impressed by what they could accomplished over the span of a three-year development cycle.

2 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'd be more interested in how much time it took them to put together. If they whipped up the tech demo in like, two weeks, I'd be impressed by what they could accomplished over the span of a three-year development cycle.

Yeah, I can't disagree with that. They hyped this a few weeks back thought so I guess I was expecting a bit more. I know that UE5 can make stunning looking games and that the Coalition has the chops to leverage the engine on the Xbox, I guess I'm just surprised to see something so short and simple. I realize its just a teaser, but it feels unfinished and just "goodish".  

On 7/26/2021 at 10:51 PM, crispy4000 said:

Four things of note watching this. 

1-the first five minutes is worthless, pointless, and should be skipped. 
2-the Coalition employees seem to be required to give you their gender identity when they introduce themselves. 
3-the Coalition employees seem obligated to use the phrase “without further adieu”. 
4-UE5 is going to make creating highly detailed worlds while attaining performance benchmarks easier than ever before. 

bonus note, they mentioned that at one point the floor for the room in the demo was 20 million polygons. By chance I looked this up several days ago, and 20 million/second was the maximum polygon budget of the Xbox 360.