Preacher Season 3 Discussion Thread

69los

Yes. I am loving this show. If Preacher gets cancelled because all of you fucknuts aren't watching it, I'm going to punch you all in your weiners.

Preacher might be my favorite show on TV. Season 3 is killing it.

I love the playful tone of the show. It's so dark and yet so goofy. This is truly a show that doesn't give a fuck.

I know people frequently complain that this show is slow and I guess it is in some ways... but I could watch these characters/actors sit around and eat cereal and I would find it endlessly amusing. So I enjoy the pacing.

On 8/2/2018 at 4:46 PM, ort said:

I know people frequently complain that this show is slow and I guess it is in some ways... but I could watch these characters/actors sit around and eat cereal and I would find it endlessly amusing. So I enjoy the pacing.

I agree. There are very few tv shows that I look forward to watching each week. But come Sunday night, I'm always excited for Preacher. It's got the perfect amount of drama, comedy, and violence for me lol. I need to rewatch Season 1. I feel like that was the weakest season and it's been getting better and better. 

On 8/2/2018 at 1:01 PM, ort said:

Yes. I am loving this show. If Preacher gets cancelled because all of you fucknuts aren't watching it, I'm going to punch you all in your weiners.

Preacher might be my favorite show on TV. Season 3 is killing it.

I love the playful tone of the show. It's so dark and yet so goofy. This is truly a show that doesn't give a fuck.

I always forget to watch the show and I'm probably 3-4 episodes behind.

• 3 weeks later...

The season finale was last night, and while the show is still enjoyable, I felt like they really didn't nail how horrible Gran'ma, Jody, and TC are. Reading the comics just makes you absolutely loathe them. Maybe it has a bit to do with what's allowed on AMC and what isn't, but still a hugely missed opportunity. 

Still, like I said, the show is enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to season 4 of this wildly inconsistent show. 

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/08/27/seth-rogens-amc-series-preacher-features-nazi-wearing-maga-hat-in-season-finale.html

I bet they were wanting this to become a "thing". Well, it made it to the front page of Fox News... Albeit, as a tiny byline on another story, but whatever.

I wonder what would happen if the religious right noticed this show. I mean, just guessing here... but I bet that exploding multiple inbred mentally handicapped Jesus clones isn't something they would approve of.