Genshin Impact (28 September 2020) - Information Thread, update: estimated first-year revenue between $2.3 billion and $3.7 billion (highest of all time)

Pikachu

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Are they ever going to put this on Xbox?

It sounded like a no last year. They are bringing it to the switch, which is probably harder than bringing it to Xbox.

This new presentation said that they will soon be bringing universal account across platforms now, maybe Xbox could happen after that. Who knows. Do Xbox players even want to play this?

• 2 weeks later...

@Mr.Vic20 Since you uttered the two dirtiest words at D1P I'd like to welcome you to the world of Teyvat!

The story you told about getting your glider was cute but you've just dipped your toe in an ocean that is Genshin Impact. I thought I'd give you a few tips since you're new to the game.

Right off the bat I think that this game gets the reputation for being a game for whales, and while I think you'd make a magnificent whale yourself you can actually do pretty much everything without paying a dime. That being said if you do feel like spending money I think the Blessing of the Welkin Moon is a good value for $5 you get 2700 primogems over the course of a month (and 300 genesis crystals)

Also investing in the Gnostic Hymn isn't too bad either. $10 unlocks the bottom tier of rewards you can earn for the battlepass. I think the BP offers some guidance of things you can do in the game (Daily quests that require you to do commissions, use resisn, etc) - However, I probably wouldn't invest in it if you aren't planning on playing it at least 3/4s of the month. I also would say skip it if you missed the beginning of the BP period. The battle pass goes on for a fixed number of days for everyone so if you bought it in the last week you'd have a week to get a month's worth of rewards (not really realistic)

Whale material is buying the genesis crystals, which I would advise against buying. A genesis crystal basically has a 1 to 1 value with primogems (although recently they introduced costumes you can use genesis crystals on) So 1600 worth would be like around $30. Kind of a rip off.

Now comes the gacha part, using the primogems. Now the game is very generous with them. Finishing daily commissions, finishing story missions, opening chests, even the special seasonal events, will give you primogems. You'll mostly want to spend them on the "Intertwined Fate" because these are used to roll the characters (The new ones) or weapons. And make sure you do them 10 at a time because the 10th time guarantees a character. You do have a chance to get one before the 10th but as a rule of thumb I just like to roll 10 at once. There is a battle pass requirement to do 50 wishes a month but I would say go for the 5 star characters. Don't go super hard for the 4 star ones because if you don't get multiple copies during the event there is a high likelihood you'll get them during a different event.

As for actually playing the game I would say don't worry too much about grinding domains and bosses until you are at least world level 5. Artifact drops are kind of crappy until you start getting purple ones, Orange are the best. Yes you only get 160 original resin (kind of like daily stamina) but I think you'll find by the time you spend it all you've probably had enough grinding for one day. Also, fragile resin accumulates fast (I have 94) and this will replenish your original resin. Don't spend primogems to replenish original resin.

If you want a quick and dirty artifact guide on what's good on which character, this person put together a google doc with almost all the characters so check it out  if you want to get some good ideas of how to build characters. Also Nable over at the GI forums puts in some super in depth information that can put some numbers behind the names, which I suggest you follow as well

I know you're a low adventure level right now but doing all the special events will pay off when you get to  unlock them. I know you have a lot of content ahead of you so just soak it in I suppose. Add me, my UID is 608964361, perhaps one day we'll even be able to visit each other's teapots! :blush:

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 10:54 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

@Rev

Here are the codes from the special program from today

DSPVUN2BKH5M
CB7UU6KT2H59
NTPVU7JTJYPD

Fuck they have already expired :cry:

I tried to get Kamisato but failed she looks awesome and would fit my team well... hopefully will get another shot at getting her during the anniversary event.

37 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Fuck they have already expired :cry:

Yeah you have like 24 hours or something within the time of the show.

37 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I tried to get Kamisato but failed she looks awesome and would fit my team well.

I have her, so many ice characters though...