Genshin Impact (28 September 2020) - Information Thread, update: estimated first-year revenue between $2.3 billion and $3.7 billion (highest of all time)

Pikachu

16 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I didn't get her. I got excited because I saw an orange and it was Diluc :|

She is a bit weak but one of the issues might be a bug that gets fixed. 

There seems to be way too many archers... they need to change ranged champs up a bit.

Also hoping that there is some cool new fire waifu soon.

3 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

She is a bit weak but one of the issues might be a bug that gets fixed.

Yeah I saw the game get patched like 2 or 3 days in a row and it happened while I was playing which never happens so it must be a crazy bug. :p

4 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

There seems to be way too many archers... they need to change ranged champs up a bit.

Archer combat is the least fun and Aloy is out now so that's another one.

4 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Also hoping that there is some cool new fire waifu soon.

I think that water chick is next. She seems cool so I hope i get her, actually I'm limiting my wishes this time so I can get her next time.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rev said:

I never really started using the teapot stuff. Just enough to get a few core rewards. I've also been growing bored of the game lately. Needs more endgame content.

Unfortunately I don't think the game will be ending any time soon. It sounds like story wise there are like 4 or more 5 big places to visit.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

They need more stuff for you to do once you've finished the new quests because that happens very quickly imo.

That's why you do the event stuff that happens with every patch. I think it's engrossing enough. Heck, I didn't even get through most of the story content until right before the Inazuma stuff came out.

On 9/28/2021 at 5:45 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

To be fair I have no clue what you are talking about :thinking:

• 3 weeks later...

Dammit. Now I have to try the game for real. It was easy to avoid before because it was hard capped to 60, which just looks like shit on a highly stylized action game on a high refresh monitor. Now you can pump it to 120, which will look much, much nicer.

Let's see how real the claims of "oh you can totally do everything for free" are, you shill motherfuckers. If I find out you were lying, you're gonna have to deal with SO many paragraphs!

3 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Let's see how real the claims of "oh you can totally do everything for free" are, you shill motherfuckers. If I find out you were lying, you're gonna have to deal with SO many paragraphs!

I anticipate many paragraphs anyway you've already expressed your displeasure with the game on the first page or whenever.

• True 1

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I anticipate many paragraphs anyway you've already expressed your displeasure with the game on the first page or whenever.

Hey you never know, maybe the cheesy awful anime-style voice acting will eventually become endearing instead of grating!

On 11/2/2021 at 12:25 AM, Xbob42 said:

Dammit. Now I have to try the game for real. It was easy to avoid before because it was hard capped to 60, which just looks like shit on a highly stylized action game on a high refresh monitor. Now you can pump it to 120, which will look much, much nicer.

You can do all the content with the 4-star units that you'll end up with as a f2p player but it will be a bit harder. That said, the endgame is grindy and a bit lame imo. There are several dozens of hours of unique content before you get to that point though.

All I do these days is log on once a day or so and use up my 160 energy and do the 4 daily commissions. Like 20 mins or so per day.

4 hours ago, Rev said:

That said, the endgame is grindy and a bit lame imo. There are several dozens of hours of unique content before you get to that point though.

All I do these days is log on once a day or so and use up my 160 energy and do the 4 daily commissions. Like 20 mins or so per day.

I think the special events that happen every month are usually pretty engaging. I just finished the Labyrinth thing earlier and it was pretty challenging and took up a good chunk of time.

Genshin-Impact-Splash.jpg
SCREENRANT.COM

Genshin Impact's first year puts others to shame.

As shared on the Gacha Gaming subreddit, user Otaku_User32 showed how Genshin Impact's impressive first-year earning puts them ahead of successful first year launches like Fortnite, Grand Theft Auto V, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. With an estimated revenue somewhere between $2.3 and 3.7 billion, Genshin Impact surpassed Fortnite's first-year revenue by nearly $1 billion. In a separate post, Otaku_User32 gave more information regarding their calculations of this revenue, including the astonishing confirmed $2.1 billion in revenue from the mobile version. While Otaku_User32 acknowledges the high-end estimate of $3.7 billion is not confirmed, they also note that the projection is based on China's enormous mobile gaming market, being around 60% of the game's revenue.

• Shocked 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Genshin Impact (28 September 2020) - Information Thread, update: estimated first-year revenue between $2.3 billion and $3.7 billion (highest of all time)