60hz 4K HDR 75 inch TV vs 144hz 1440p 27 inch monitor

Both if possible. I mainly use my monitor for FPS and RTS and my TV with games I play with a controller. Headphones with the monitor and speakers with the TV. Just hit Windows key + P to get the menu to switch displays and if you set it up right it'll switch the audio at the same time.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hurricane Game said:

I wanted to see what other people thought about the options I had in hopes they could give me some advice for why one may be better than the other.

Well as the owner of both shouldn't you know why one is better than the other? :p

The TV is big and a higher resolution so play on that if you want nice looking games play on the 144hz monitor if you want higher frame rates than 60.

1 hour ago, Hurricane Game said:

I haven't received the pc yet I'm just trying to figure out what the best situation would be when it arrives in a few weeks.

And if there is any advantages or disadvantages to one over the other that I may not know.

What type of 4k TV is it?

44 minutes ago, Hurricane Game said:

So, the advantages of the monitor are:

• higher refresh rate
  • lower latency
  • less intensive resolution 

Disadvantages:

• lower resolution 
  • smaller
  • no HDR

The advantages of the TV are:

• higher resolution 
  • larger
  • HDR

Disadvantages:

• 4k is intensive as F even on my 2080 Ti when a game doesn’t support DLSS
  • lower refresh rate (but how many games will you be playing at 4k above 60fps?)

Other things to consider:

• is the TV shared with others while the monitor isn’t?
  • sound system?
  • what do you prefer sitting in front of?

I’d really consider just running an HDMI cord so you don’t have to choose, though :p 

• Thanks 1

Depends on the type of games you'll be playing.

Single-player focused = Big screen TV

Online multiplayer action = 27" monitor

You also might be able to do both if you utilize tech like Steam Link or Nvidia's Gamestream.  Keep the PC connected to your monitor and then stream whatever games you feel like to the big screen.  

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

So, the advantages of the monitor are:

• higher refresh rate
  • lower latency
  • less intensive resolution 

Disadvantages:

• lower resolution 
  • smaller
  • no HDR

The advantages of the TV are:

• higher resolution 
  • larger
  • HDR

Disadvantages:

• 4k is intensive as F even on my 2080 Ti when a game doesn’t support DLSS
  • lower refresh rate (but how many games will you be playing at 4k above 60fps?)

Other things to consider:

• is the TV shared with others while the monitor isn’t?
  • sound system?
  • what do you prefer sitting in front of?

I’d really consider just running an HDMI cord so you don’t have to choose, though :p 

Lol thank you yes, I'm exploring running the hdmi through the ceiling that really does seem like the best of both worlds, and I wouldn't have thought of it without the suggestions I've read here. 

Thanks for the help everyone 

1 hour ago, Hurricane Game said:

Lol thank you yes, I'm exploring running the hdmi through the ceiling that really does seem like the best of both worlds, and I wouldn't have thought of it without the suggestions I've read here. 

Thanks for the help everyone 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A9DZXY0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_P5GcFbDTGW7F5

(if you want it to look extra nice)

• Thanks 1

This one's definitely a matter of preference. Try 'em both and see which one you like better. I've consistently found that while a big screen is nice... I actually see way less detail and it feels "smaller" depending on how far away the couch is. Totally depends on your setup and your games, though. I play literally everything through my monitor, including my consoles, but I do like to play on the TV for more social gaming.

On 7/19/2020 at 6:52 AM, Xbob42 said:

This one's definitely a matter of preference. Try 'em both and see which one you like better. I've consistently found that while a big screen is nice... I actually see way less detail and it feels "smaller" depending on how far away the couch is. Totally depends on your setup and your games, though. I play literally everything through my monitor, including my consoles, but I do like to play on the TV for more social gaming.

I agree completely that playing closely in front of a monitor makes a game feel much more involving than playing from my couch on a bigger TV. I feel the switch very viscerally when I go from PC gaming on my monitor to PS4 gaming on my TV. I love the much bigger screen, feels much more theatrical, but detail is lost. 

• 4 weeks later...