Indie Games Discussion and Recommendations

Viewfinder is reviewing well so I decided to see how much it costs on Steam only to find no price. Looks like the publisher is waiting on reviews before deciding. I never heard of that tactic before. Instead of capitalizing on positive reviews, you are trying to gauge the market for a price point. Seems dumb to me. 

Battlebit Remastered!  This game is amazing. Only 3 people made it and its sold over 2million copies so far. its in the top 10 most concurrent players on steam 

Its the most Battlefield game Ive played since BF3. Im getting absolutely worked over bc I haven’t played a shooter on KBM since early BF1 launch, but its so much fun. 

is anyone else playing? would love to squad up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Production Delay

In order to deliver a game that so many fans have supported, we announce a revised release date of Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, with the game now due during Calendar Year Q2 of 2024. The decision was made in order to ensure the best possible story, and to reward the legion of backers with the best game experience possible. 

• 1 month later...

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Chillquarium is a cozy and relaxing idle game. Buy fish and raise them in real time, then sell them to turn a profit! Customize your aquarium as you progress from a simple starter tank to your dream setup by filling your collection with rare exotic fish and ultra-rare color variants!

Heard this is pretty good!

• 1 month later...

This game seriously kicks ass. It feels like a metroidvania combo of trials and hotline miami. There's a demo on Steam that consists of the tutorial, first level, and boss fight that thoroughly sold me on the game. The one thing I will say is that the game is hard and I feel like the aim assists on a controller is nonfunctional, so I had to switch to mouse/keyboard to prevent getting destroyed.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else remember Alien Hominid? There’s both a new entry and a new remaster! Sad to see this not get any buzz, not even enough reviews for an OC score, though the reviews there are for Invasion are quite positive with the main downside being repetitiveness, as it’s now built on kind of a rogue lite foundation. Steam is 89% positive.

Invasion is $20 and the remaster is $12.50 or you get them both for $25, which is the way to do it. Though I believe this remaster is in 4k now, I got it on switch because these are definitely handheld games for me and man they look beautiful on the oled. 

Only played a little Invasion, mostly HD because it’s been awhile, but the mechanics seem to be improved and there are more defensive options. While it’s built on a kind of rogue lite foundation you do have the option to exchange getting 1/3rd less for being able to keep what you’ve obtained while you die, so that made me happy. Definitely seems like it’ll be a fun game to grind while watching tv. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/16/2022 at 5:57 PM, stepee said:

So apparently Freedom Planet 2 came out last month which is wild to me how little attention was paid to it. I know it’s not huge but I thought it was kind of indie popular and anticipated? Seems at least as good as the first one so far and my damn is it beautiful.

One of the best looking sprite based games honestly. Wish more games would go for this sorta high res 32bit look, it’s my favorite, I’d love to see that become more common, even if it’s faked as long as it looks like regular 32 bit sprites.

I always felt like we could have used just a few years of 32 bit sprite based games before everything went 3D, would have been nice in a way. So I always like it when games have that quality. The new TMNT is kinda like that for me too.

Now on Xbox, Playstation and Switch!