Virginia just decriminalized marijuana

Need all the relief you can get with quarantine. I’m on it almost 12 hours a day to get through these rough times. I’m avoiding vaping because of lung function scare (plus my mom would beat my ass if I did so) So now I decarb some of my stuff, stuff then into gel capsules and take 2 pills and wait. They are hard to judge when they kick in, but usually takes 4-6 hours and my nerves finally unwind. Will kick in faster if I have a reasonable meal beforehand and fatty food just emphasis the high.

so congrats to Virginia

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

You still can't legally buy or sell it in Virginia. It mostly just means you won't go to jail or prison for having up to a certain amount.

oh, I guess I should of read the full story. At least a step forward but still a bit to go. Just ate my supper and my gawd my weed pills are kicking in.  Wwwwweeeeeeee

• 1 year later...

Update.

Inhale:

gleaf-tour-2.jpg
WWW.VIRGINIAMERCURY.COM

Newly empowered Republicans in Virginia say plans to allow retail sales of recreational marijuana won’t necessarily be doomed under their control of the House of Delegates and Executive Mansion. And some say they’re open to speeding up the timeline for allowing retail sales, which is currently delayed until 2024. “You almost kind of have to,” […]

exhale

Republicans have made it clear, though, that one thing that’s unlikely to find favor among their members are social equity provisions, which Democrats who championed the legislation earlier this year called a driving force behind their bill but failed to finalize before the end of the legislative session.

The legislation also proposed an incubator program to help finance startups and a reinvestment fund that would send a portion of tax revenues back to neighborhoods subject to disproportionate enforcement.

Democrats also planned to include pro-union language aimed at making it easier for marijuana industry employees to organize that drew GOP criticism.

good but also bad