What are you playing today?

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yes. I played today on my XSX and it's absolutely terrific. I played almost 4 hours and decided to stop to check out TLOU2 remastered. It's like Skyrim but with improved combat and it has phenomenal voice acting.

If I had to compare Skyrim and ESO, ESO is the better game. 

I played ESO a ton when it came out but I felt like it lacked direction. Seemed like I just ran around doing quest after quest with no main goal other than to level up and complete more quests. 

31 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee Can you mod Oblivion on the deck? I'm curious. 

Yeah, but like getting ESO and some other things going, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with desktop mode - but there are several guides for Oblivion modding on deck.

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I played ESO a ton when it came out but I felt like it lacked direction. Seemed like I just ran around doing quest after quest with no main goal other than to level up and complete more quests. 

It's been completely overhauled since you played it. I agree that there really isn't a story but just a ton of quests. It's still awesome. 

Just now, stepee said:

Yeah, but like getting ESO and some other things going, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with desktop mode - but there are several guides for Oblivion modding on deck.

So I can't my mods from steam like I did with Skyrim?

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

So I can't my mods from steam like I did with Skyrim?

No, as a much older game I don’t think it had that kind of integration. Most mods, and this is the same on a regular pc, don’t have direct steam integration. Only some particular games do.

You should just start doing some simpler stuff on desktop mode, like even just going there and clicking around and getting used to it browsing the web or whatever. Then get Epic store going and you can install FO3 that you claimed. Then after a bit it won’t seem as intimidating doing something like modding Oblivion. 

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

You should just start doing some simpler stuff on desktop mode, like even just going there and clicking around and getting used to it browsing the web or whatever. Then get Epic store going and you can install FO3 that you claimed. Then after a bit it won’t seem as intimidating doing something like modding Oblivion. 

It's too difficult for me to do. I have been on desktop mode and clicked around to familiarize myself with it.

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It's too difficult for me to do. I have been on desktop mode and clicked around to familiarize myself with it.

STEAMDECKHQ.COM

Want to get some non-Steam launchers on your Steam Deck with ease? Well, let's show how in an easy and simple way!

You should be able to at least do this and then you’d have FO3 for more beth!

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I thought the Deck was a PC?  Isn't GamePass available on Pc?

Gamepass is on pc but unfortunately Steam Deck does not support it yet. It’s the main thing I want added to it. You can do cloud gamepass on the deck (that link I just posted will install that as well) but it’s not the same thing at all of course. Either MS will support it someday or Valve will eventually release the dual boot for Windows and then we can use gamepass on it but until then we are sol

Good news is Oblivion is all of $4 on cdkeys

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I thought the Deck was a PC?  Isn't GamePass available on Pc?

Not for deck.

@stepee My first thing i have to do is download proton tricks. Is that correct spelling ? I searched for that and nothing came up. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Not for deck.

@stepee My first thing i have to do is download proton tricks. Is that correct spelling ? I searched for that and nothing came up. 

qwj34Lp.jpg

Download it from the discover store like this - you can just type proton like I did there

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Choo Choo Charles is on sale for $6 and I think that’s a pretty good price to check it out for the novelty of it. Seems like a good halloween game to play. Supposed to be short but that’s why you get it for $6.

I saw that but then I saw Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series for $7 and got that instead 

• Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

Playing the Wildlands DLC: Narco Road..

Its the ill advised “dudebro” Dlc that is centered on driving and flying, the things that the game does the worst…. but it was ultra cheap in the store and that damn 100% achievement completion beckons.. I am a gaming tool

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee The contrs are for keyboard and mouse. I've been trying all kinds of different layouts and nothing is working. 

Every layout includes pc commands. 

Doing some non profit It work atm but I do own Oblivion so I’ll figure it out later and get back to you!

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

Doing some non profit It work atm but I do own Oblivion so I’ll figure it out later and get back to you!

Does controller companion really cost $2.99? I'm trying to download a controller scheme.

18 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Does controller companion really cost $2.99? I'm trying to download a controller scheme.

You shouldn’t buy anything for controller and I wouldn’t even trust anything trying to charge to be good 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I am playing Oblivion now but there is no button to open up chests, loot, and opening doors. 

I see a mod that looks easy Im going to try soon but dont forget you can map buttons manually. So you can just look up what keyboard key is “open” on pc and then nap that key to say one of the back buttons

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

I see a mod that looks easy Im going to try soon but dont forget you can map buttons manually. So you can just look up what keyboard key is “open” on pc and then nap that key to say one of the back buttons

When I try to map a button it automatically takes me to the keyboard for a key input I can't push any buttons on the deck. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

When I try to map a button it automatically takes me to the keyboard for a key input I can't push any buttons on the deck. 

Bro, maybe play a game that wasn’t made in 2006 lol

39 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I mean map input for the controller layout in deck settings, not in-game settings. Anyway, that mod seemed to be a bust idk what that person was talking about. It seems like to mod actual gamepad controls you need to fully set it up for modding which is a decent amount of steps.

But I used “airloaf’s Oblivion Bindings” and they seem pretty solid.

As suggested by the binding in the in-game settings I changed the “Activate” button to E (press the Y button on the steam deck after clicking on it in the keyboard settings in-game) and after that hitting A on the steam deck is the open button.

You use the right trackpad for menu control which is honestly better anyway. And you get quick commands like save mapped to the left trackpad. Seems solid.

Dont forget after you select your controller template in the steam deck settings to press the X button to actually apply it.

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

So I'm currently in the first dungeon and I went to options then controls. It’s not letting me map any buttons? Am I doing something wrong?

First make sure you are using airloaf’s template, it should look like this in your steam controller settings:

qthXLxH.jpg

Then go to options > controls > controls and click on activate using the right trigger and then press the A button

4oOOLcf.jpg