Are there any modern RTS games like Bungie's Myth series?

legend

Way back in the day, I used to love Warcraft 2. Then Bungie released Myth: The Fallen Lords (and subsequently Myth II: Soulblighter). It was an RTS unlike other RTS games. Specifically, there was no building or resource management whatsoever. The units you got, were the units you got, other than occasional single player preset reinforcements or in multiplayer the fact that different units were worth different points and you can choose which set you wanted for your budget.

The thing that made Myth different is without the resourcing it focused entirely on the tactics of how you used your units in a physics driven world. After playing so much Myth, other RTS games felt boring because the actual tactics was so shallow with the main point being to make giant forces.

Even now, 20 years later, I still find RTS games boring in comparison. SC2, for example, didn't really do anything for me.

So I'm curious, are there any modern RTS games like Myth that focus on interesting strategy? It kind of blows my mind that no one took this formula and ran with it.

For reference for those are unfamiliar with it, here's a video (this player is pretty bad though :p ).

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...