Aaaaand ANOTHER DC Superhero Show is in The works...

YES it may be an Arrowverse spinoff but it ISN'T gonna be on CW... GREEN LANTERN series in the works from HBO/MAX

WarnerMedia has announced a new live-action Green Lantern series executive producer Greg Berlanti calls "our biggest DC show ever made." That Green Lantern project is one of three new DC Comics-based shows coming exclusively to the HBO Max streaming platform.

The news comes out of a presentation at WarnerMedia's HBO Max presentation. WarnerMedia has yet to reveal a name for the Green Lantern project, describing it only as a "Green Lantern inspired series." Whether that implies the series will deviate from the traditional Green Lantern mythology or focus on characters other than traditional protagonists like Hal Jordan or John Stewart remains to be seen.

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Thank you for the extra large text. Makes it very easy to read on my phone!

You're welcome. Glad to be of service.

4 hours ago, silentbob said:

Weird that it wouldn’t be on their DC streaming service. I don’t know if this is a sign that it will merge with HBO/Max or is this a thing already. We don’t get either in Canada so 

The DC service seems to have a questionable future at this point. They may just fold it into HBO/MAX at some point I guess...What they should do is bundle it in. I don't know how many people get it but it seems to have at least a cult following. Titans seems to be popular and while the animation quality took a hit, I still like Young Justice.

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Thank you for the extra large text. Makes it very easy to read on my phone!

You're welcome. Glad to be of service.

4 hours ago, silentbob said:

Weird that it wouldn’t be on their DC streaming service. I don’t know if this is a sign that it will merge with HBO/Max or is this a thing already. We don’t get either in Canada so 

The DC service seems to have a questionable future at this point. They may just fold it into HBO/MAX at some point I guess...What they should do is bundle it in. I don't know how many people get it but it seems to have at least a cult following. Titans seems to be popular and while the animation quality took a hit, I still like Young Justice.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

@skillzdadirecta as per the article it's not yet confirmed whether it'll be an Arrowverse spinoff or part a separate universe. 

That's why I said it "may" be an Arrowverse spinoff.  Have the Lanterns been mentioned on any of the Arrowverse shows yet? I feel like they have been in passing on one of them. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fans gonna me MAD if it ain't John Diggle as the Green Lantern. 

Will they? I know fans have speculated that he could get a ring and he has a lot of the same qualities as Jon Stewart but he AIN'T Jon Stewart. Still funny to me that for a whole generation, Jon Stewart is Green Lantern to them and not Hal Jordan because of the Justice League cartoon. There's like what, Ten Earth based Green Lanterns at this point?

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's why I said it "may" be an Arrowverse spinoff.  Have the Lanterns been mentioned on any of the Arrowverse shows yet? I feel like they have been in passing on one of them. 

During Elsewords Earth-90 Barry asks John why he isn't wearing his ring.