Ashen coming to Steam, GOG, Switch, and PS4 in December, update - now available for 20% discount

RedSoxFan9

6 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Co-op doesn’t really work the way you think it does. It’s more like journey where random people drop in and out of your “experience”. 

That said it’s a fantastic souls game that I would recommend to anyone. It’s got an easier entry level and not as hard of a learning curve.

• 3 months later...

Ashen Is Now On Nintendo Switch, PS4, Steam, And GOG, And Is Leaving Xbox Games Pass

Ashen, which debuted on Xbox One as part of Xbox Game Pass and on the Epic Store, is now much more widely available. The game has released in the US today for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, as well as on Steam and GOG, as its Epic exclusivity period has now ended. Ashen is available at a 20% discount to celebrate the game's launch.

Surprised to see this as mixed on the Steam store. Though the few bad reviews I saw were exactly what I anticipated, complaints about co-op.

I highly recommend this game to anyone that wants a Dark Souls lite game. Not quite as difficult, quite a bit shorter, but its got a good atmosphere, soundtrack, and good gameplay.

That said if you are going into this purely for co-op you will be disappointed. You can match with friends, but thats not the intended experience (unless they've patched it since I played). The intention was to have people around the same progression as you to drop in and out to help each other or go back to the AI. Kind of how Journey worked, but the people that drop in have a much larger impact. The AI can be extremely dumb at times, which is frustrating, but the game can be solo'd without it.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Ashen has been out too long for me to even consider getting it. 

For me, it hasn't been long enough.

That's part of the bummer about the Epic stuff.  These games are going to take so much longer to become dirt cheap/bundled than they would have otherwise.  In spite of what Epic has said.  Makes stubbornly frugal people like me have to wait even longer.

5 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

For me, it hasn't been long enough.

That's part of the bummer about the Epic stuff.  These games are going to take so much longer to become dirt cheap/bundled than they would have otherwise.  In spite of what Epic has said.  Makes stubbornly frugal people like me have to wait even longer.

You're going to have to wait even longer to buy this for $5 and never play it!

6 hours ago, Dodger said:

You're going to have to wait even longer to buy this for $5 and never play it!

I know!  A whole $5 space bucks earned from gaming Valve’s economy.

But seriously, I don’t play horror themed games so often.  This seems like a good entry point into Souls-dom.

... I’ll probably buy Jedi first at this rate.