We need to have a discussion about Euphoria on HBO

Is anybody else watching this? After the pilot episode I wasn’t sure what to think. I didn’t really like it but there was a few interesting things. From episode 2 and on it’s been a good to great show. Episode 4 is probably one of the best TV episodes you’ll see all year (9.3 on IMDb). A lot of people have complained that “high school isn’t really like this” and those people are idiots. You’re watching a TV show. But the problems that the characters have are very real and they are turning in fantastic performances, and many of them are nobodies. This is either Zendaya’s first gig where she really needs to “act” or it’s the first one I’ve seen from her, but she’s amazing. This is Hunter Schafer’s first role and she is killing it. The villain of this show is supervillainy but I don’t mind it so far. 

If you hate millennials like @Jason does then it’s probably not for you. If you appreciate good filmmaking like @Greatoneshere I suggest at least checking it out to see if you like it or not. If the synopsis sounds at all interesting to you, check it out. 

I've definitely been meaning to check it out. I'm 32 now, and I'm not aware of what current teenagers go through anymore, being too far out from that age bracket now, so I'd like to understand their lives and hardships since I think being a teenager today is probably more difficult than ever. I've heard it's excellent. 

I guarantee people who are saying "high school isn't like this" aren't currently in high school. Sure, it wasn't like that . . . when we were in high school. But the world has changed and that was a long time ago. 

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm definitely not the target audience for this but I've heard nothing but good things particularly about the cinematography. Maybe I'll check it out when I'm bored.

People have said it reminds them of a Paul Thomas Anderson film the way it’s shot. 

• 2 weeks later...

I actually enjoyed this show a lot and look forward to season 2.

And 

Spoiler

Did Rue die?  I feel like if that was the series finale she for sure would have died, but with a season 2 coming, no way she's not in it.