The King's Man (prequel to Kingsman) Trailer and Discussion Thread (In theaters 18 September 2020)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kingsman-prequel-is-called-kings-man-1219689

Matthew Vaughn's Kingsman prequel has a name.

The film is called The King's Man, with Disney and 20th Century Fox also revealing this logline: "As a collection of history's worst tyrants and criminal masterminds gather to plot a war to wipe out millions, one man must race against time to stop them." The film will explore the origins of the independent intelligence agency.

The film was previously announced to hit theaters on Feb. 14 2020.

The King's Man stars Ralph Fiennes, Matthew Goode and Harris Dickinson, and takes place long before the events of the mainline franchise. The first two films, Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015) and Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) starred Taron Egerton and Colin Firth, and features a secret society of spies who work to stop global crises. The franchise is based on the comics by Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons.

Vaughn has said he plans on making a followup to his first two films to complete a trilogy.

22 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'm at a loss for words at how utterly stupid everything about this is.

Which aspect/part?

I wish Matthew Vaughn would go on to make something else, as he's a great writer/director, as while I enjoyed Kingsman: The Secret Service, Kingsman: The Golden Circle was pretty bad. We'll see. I'm not opposed to a new one if it can get back to what made the first one good. 

3 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Which aspect/part?

I wish Matthew Vaughn would go on to make something else, as he's a great writer/director, as while I enjoyed Kingsman: The Secret Service, Kingsman: The Golden Circle was pretty bad. We'll see. I'm not opposed to a new one if it can get back to what made the first one good. 

Wasn’t a fan myself upon my first viewing. Though I admit I enjoyed it more upon a 2nd and 3rd viewing

2 minutes ago, silentbob said:

The 2nd movie. Noticed little subtle stuff here and there, that I missed upon my first viewing 

It's not awful, but it's such a vile and lowbrow piece of work. It was mean spirited, but in an alt-right/incel way. I dunno, I liked parts but a lot of it wasn't as funny as the movie thought things were. 

• 1 year later...