Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

2 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

IMO the absoutely first thing to do in Act 3 is to get the Nyrulna trident from the Djinni at the circus. Its super quick and its the best throwing weapon in the game. You also get that bonus action enchantment ring which for my swords bard is insanely powerful. 

Yea it’s pretty much the best single handed weapon in the game. 
Oddly enough, in terms of great swords, there’s only like 2, maybe 3, that are better than the Everburn Blade you can cheese in the tutorial, and all but one of those great swords is only actually better if you’re equipping it to a Githyanki

21 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea it’s pretty much the best single handed weapon in the game. 
Oddly enough, in terms of great swords, there’s only like 2, maybe 3, that are better than the Everburn Blade you can cheese in the tutorial, and all but one of those great swords is only actually better if you’re equipping it to a Githyanki

Eh depends on what you are doing. On my swords bard I have the Duelist Prerogative with dueling proficiency. Phalar Aluve with Spirit Guardians is pretty good. Blood of Lathander is the best weapon in the game against undead.

Its probably pretty awesome on something like a sword and shield fighter or paladin though. I mostly just use it for throwing with Karlach.  Most of the time I use GWM/Polearm Mastery/Sentinel for the ultimate blade tank. 

4 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

Eh depends on what you are doing. On my swords bard I have the Duelist Prerogative with dueling proficiency. Phalar Aluve with Spirit Guardians is pretty good. Blood of Lathander is the best weapon in the game against undead.

Its probably pretty awesome on something like a sword and shield fighter or paladin though. I mostly just use it for throwing with Karlach.  Most of the time I use GWM/Polearm Mastery/Sentinel for the ultimate blade tank. 

I was speaking purely on damage. No other single handed weapon I found had a higher damage roll (discounting the one that has the added damage to undead which, IMO, isn't worth it considering the frequency I fought undead vs other beings :p ). Some of the bonuses on others are nice, but for a one handed weapon fighter/barb/war cleric, I don't think there's much better than the Nyrulna Trident. 

Finally faced a tough fight on tactician. 

Spoiler

The battle against Viconia is a fucking bitch. Even with all my CC there are so many god damn wizards with shadow step casting darkness everywhere and super high HP melee that if they get close to your squishies they will one hit them. Took me a couple hours to finally beat. TBF I fought it at lvl 10 and some of the best CC spells in the game are lvl 6 but still I think it still would have been a tough fight.

I didn't take the expanded Illithid powers this time around so that definitely added to the difficulty. No black hole crutch. 

I've never really liked having the "freedom of choice" when it comes to companion classes cuz I don't want to find ways to make a character fit me better while trying to stick close to the lore. Kinda wish the characters were more special like in DA:O but that wouldn't really work since this is DnD.

With that said, I have turned Karlach into a Paladin of Vengeance. I feel it is fitting to a degree. Almost as if she has a reason to be vengeful. Astarion is a Thief Rogue Bard of Swords who actually uses two hand crossbows. I feel he fits with Bard quite a lot with his attitude. Almost like a Goth Emo Rocker Boy. Shart is just a War Cleric. I'm sorry but tricky is hella lame. I've seen people say good things about it in PnP talks but miss me with that in-game. My guy is, of course, a Berserker, Thief, and eventually Champion which I feel is pretty fitting for a Durge. Maybe Ass over Thief fits better but Rogue fits no matter what IMO. I have no plans on changing Gale, Lae'zel, or Wyll, tho I might do the Paladin/Warlock thing with Wyll when I'm level 12.  Gale and Lae'zel are already perfect as is. Maybe a Wiz/Sorc Gale for meta magic, but I'll save that for my Sroc when I play as him.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

So, I killed Halsin, and it turns out there is a quest that won't happen without him. I figured that any quest that involved him could be completed without him seeing as he is an optional companion. I'm unsure if I want to reload.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Can someone tell me why my action isn't getting used here? I don't mean the sneak attack, I mean once I am in combat.

I don't see why I should be able to attack 4 times like this.

My synopsis.

First attack was out of combat, which then starts combat with surprise giving you an action. The first attack gives you an extra attack though, which doesn't use your action so you use it and your action remains. Then you attack another enemy, this uses your attack for the combat round that started, but then you also have your extra attack for making an attack with your action.

• Thanks 1

Meh, lame first lame Barb RP option due to your next set of dialogue options being "explain yourself" or "attack".

Spoiler

Hx58zeD.png

6r3XM2Q.png

I did attack tho. I mean, I reloaded, but I still at least got the pleasure of killing everyone. Really should have been an intimidation check or something after the barb rp. Something that makes them back down from fear of losing the fight. Still was pretty funny to have Karlach gushing over the one character even tho we just killed them.

The voice actor behind Baldur's Gate 3's Shadowheart is currently playing through the D&D RPG with her real-life partner. It's mostly been a wholesome affair, apart from when the shadow of Shadowheart's in-game nemesis Lae'zel looms – in those moments, it's dang hilarious.

To catch you up, an earlier highlight of one stream saw Shadowheart actor Jennifer English recoil in horror after her partner and Baldur's Gate 3 performance director Aliona Baranova floated the idea that she, just maybe, prefers Lae'zel to god's problematic fave. In fairness to Baranova, she has since called Lae'zel a "schoolgirl crush" she does not love more than Shadowheart. 

Now, though, things have turned up a few notches. The duo's latest stream sees Baranova trigger Lae'zel's romance scene, leading to a night of Baldur's Gate 3 shenanigans and the narrator setting the mood for the day by saying, "You awake in pain," if you want to know how that went.

In case there was ever any doubt, some newly uncovered Baldur's Gate 3 cut content confirms that Karlach definitely has a thing for the Tiefling blacksmith Dammon – and the beloved companion's actor, Samantha Béart, has even confirmed it herself. 

In a tweet, Béart highlighted a recent video from YouTube user Sparrows, who shared a clip of hidden dialogue tied to circumstances that aren't normally achievable in-game. 

As Sparrows explains, the RPG's Origin characters have unique cutscenes that can be viewed by taking a long rest on the Ravaged Beach area – where you start the game after the tentacle-filled tutorial – before meeting any other companions. However, this particular cut scene also requires you to play as Karlach and meet Dammon, who's normally found at the Druid Grove hollow deeper into Act 1, before resting, which you can't actually do before meeting someone else and resting at camp. 

• Haha 1

I hate Wyll. I hate him because of his title. There is no good way to make a blade of frontiers class, and Warlocks suck. Warlock only seems to exist to be  paired with vastly better classes like pally, sorc, and bard. The benefit of the short rest restoring spell slots means nothing when you got gale with like 12 spell slots per long rest at the level I'm at.

Voice 7, aka the best voice in the game, is done by Pieter Lawman who to my surprise hasn't voiced anything major. I think his voice is great on my Durge. I'd pay for a DLC where all of the dialogue options were voiced by him. Especially the Barbarian options.

Toll Collector: gib gold

me: [BARB] i gib pain

TC: gib gold

me: [Rogue] i don't gib gold without something in return

TC: gib gold, you pass

me: gibs 1 gold

TC: more gold

me: wut how much

TC: gib all gold

me: [Rogue] this is an old scam - i no gib gold

TC: but gib gold

me: [Intimidate] I'll slit your fucking neck