The Hitman’s Wife's Bodyguard

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

The first one was pretty bad. Some good parts but mostly pretty bad.

I thought it was alright. But, to be fair, Ryan Reynolds oozes charisma. The only movie I've ever seen him in that wasn't at least watchable was X-Men Origins, and that's the one movie where some brilliant producer thought it'd be good to make him not speak.

13 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I thought it was alright. But, to be fair, Ryan Reynolds oozes charisma. The only movie I've ever seen him in that wasn't at least watchable was X-Men Origins, and that's the one movie where some brilliant producer thought it'd be good to make him not speak.

I guess "alright" is more fair to say. Reynolds was great, no question, it was just kind of boring for a lot of it.

I saw the first one as a work print cut with basically no finished VFX or sound, all sorts of placeholder stuff, and I’m not entirely convinced it is a worse experience than the finished film. Just shockingly dull.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I saw the first one as a work print cut with basically no finished VFX or sound, all sorts of placeholder stuff, and I’m not entirely convinced it is a worse experience than the finished film. Just shockingly dull.

Otherwise known as the perfect movie to watch on an airplane!

I need to revise my rating system so that 4/10 means "airplane movie." It's not offensively bad, it might even be a bit entertaining, but you'll immediately forget you watched it until you see it on Netflix in 2 years and go "huh, that sounds interesting," get like 10 minutes in and realize "oh wait I saw this on a flight somewhere."

21 hours ago, number305 said:

It is irritating that this isn't a Netflix movie.  It feels like it should be a netflix movie - no way am I going to a theatre for that... but I would spend an evening watching it.  Also I thought Reynolds signed a big contract with Netflix.  Oh well.

Why should Netflix movies only be crappy movies you wouldn't go to a theater to see? I think Netflix movies (other than Adam Sandler ones) are better than that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...