No Man's Sky to get free PSVR update (State of Play)

SaysWho?

5 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Also coming to Steam VR, which will work with both Vive and Oculus. I would love to give it a try, but it really looks like the kind of thing that would make me sick. I'll have to wait for a few more details.

The cockpit stuff shouldn't make you sick. (Cockpits are one of the easier solves for VR motion sickness... for most people.) Walking around on the other hand will depend on their implementation and your own personal tolerance.

People have gotten to try it out briefly, and the initial impressions are good. It's the full game, alongside everyone else playing. Movement is handled with a teleportation system, which is probably the best we can hope for at this point. Driving and flying both feel good, as one might expect.

I picked it up over the weekend, and I'm enjoying it well enough. The initial experience is guided well enough, but it's still a little opaque. The backpack size is terribly small to the point it's getting rather annoying. By the time the VR update is out I imagine I'll have access to ground vehicles. The initial experience isn't something that I think would work great in VR since it's a lot of walking.

18 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

People have gotten to try it out briefly, and the initial impressions are good. It's the full game, alongside everyone else playing. Movement is handled with a teleportation system, which is probably the best we can hope for at this point. Driving and flying both feel good, as one might expect.

I picked it up over the weekend, and I'm enjoying it well enough. The initial experience is guided well enough, but it's still a little opaque. The backpack size is terribly small to the point it's getting rather annoying. By the time the VR update is out I imagine I'll have access to ground vehicles. The initial experience isn't something that I think would work great in VR since it's a lot of walking.

I may actually get No Man's Sky this year now that it resembles more what people were promised in addition to this VR mode.

I was planning on getting a Quest this year, but with No Man's Sky VR, now I'm thinking about getting a PC-connected headset because I'm pretty sure Quest can't handle No Man's Sky and I can't keep my save.

So maybe Rift S? Or maybe I should wait an see what Valve is offering with the Index.

Shame is I really didn't want to have wires :/ 

3 minutes ago, legend said:

I was planning on getting a Quest this year, but with No Man's Sky VR, now I'm thinking about getting a PC-connected headset because I'm pretty sure Quest can't handle No Man's Sky and I can't keep my save.

So maybe Rift S? Or maybe I should wait an see what Valve is offering with the Index.

I know at some point, headsets will be smaller with no wires and it'll be lovely, but I can say that for now, I don't find the wire coming out of the PSVR intrusive. 

The worst is just having all the wires in the adapter, which I'm assuming can be an issue with PCVR headsets as well. 

Just now, SaysWho? said:

I know at some point, headsets will be smaller with no wires and it'll be lovely, but I can say that for now, I don't find the wire coming out of the PSVR intrusive. 

The worst is just having all the wires in the adapter, which I'm assuming can be an issue with PCVR headsets as well. 

Good to hear. At least for No Man' Sky that won't matter much since it's mostly seated or stationary standing anyway.

On 4/4/2019 at 10:00 AM, legend said:

Ugh, I want something like the Quest that I can also use on my PC... give me portable smaller titles on the go and PC connectivity when I feel like being chained to my desk please!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Ugh, I want something like the Quest that I can also use on my PC... give me portable smaller titles on the go and PC connectivity when I feel like being chained to my desk please!

Agreed. That would be quite nice. I hate having to choose one or the other, or buy two expensive headsets.