Deadpool and Other R rated Fox Properties Will Remain R rated

According to Disney C.E.O. Bob Iger

On Tuesday, Disney held its quarterly earnings call with investors, where CEO Bob Iger takes questions about the company's business plans, the subject of R-rated films came up in regards to how Disney would handle existing Fox's current properties. Iger made it clear that the studio wasn't going to shy away from what worked, regardless of its rating.

Also

The CEO noted that Disney would continue with Deadpool under a Fox umbrella. He noted that his studio would made sure to brand these properties differently so consumers wouldn't get anything confuse. Iger made sure to say that nothing in Fox's current portfolio concerned them, making it seem as though everything Fox has been doing to this point is fair game.

Based on these comments, it looks like Deadpool, X-Force, and the other R-rated characters that have been released by Fox could still continue once the merger is complete. While Disney hasn't been in the business of R-rated movies, that will likely change with the purchase of Fox. With FX, Fox Searchlight, and the Deadpool franchise, there are plenty of adult brands that will soon fall under Disney's umbrella. It sounds as though Disney will be leaving those alone and letting the successful brands continue.

Maybe grasping at straws here but maybe wanting to shift stuff like Daredevil and Punisher over to the Fox label was part of what went into them getting canceled from Netflix? No reason Disney has to preserve the split-up that currently exists once the acquisition is finalized.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Maybe grasping at straws here but maybe wanting to shift stuff like Daredevil and Punisher over to the Fox label was part of what went into them getting canceled from Netflix? No reason Disney has to preserve the split-up that currently exists once the acquisition is finalized.

Daredevil was at Fox when the Affleck movie was made I think... they could also come up with a whole new brand for R rated stuff.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Daredevil was at Fox when the Affleck movie was made I think... they could also come up with a whole new brand for R rated stuff.

I would expect at some point Daredevil will join the proper MCU.  No idea what they are going to do with the punisher moving forward.  

4 minutes ago, number305 said:

I would expect at some point Daredevil will join the proper MCU.  No idea what they are going to do with the punisher moving forward.  

The Punisher is tricky... when I was a kid he was one of my favorite characters. Now, I'm not sure how relevant he is to today. He was such a product of his times... a post vietnam, 70's/80's character... that I'm not entirely sure he works as well today without some MAJOR reworking to his origin. 

59 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The Punisher is tricky... when I was a kid he was one of my favorite characters. Now, I'm not sure how relevant he is to today. He was such a product of his times... a post vietnam, 70's/80's character... that I'm not entirely sure he works as well today without some MAJOR reworking to his origin. 

They already started reworking his origin story in the Netflix show, didn't they?