New Batman animated movie

https://screenrant.com/batman-beyond-animated-movie-development-warner-bros/

batman-beyond-1-header.jpg?q=50&fit=crop

Warner Bros. is developing an animated Batman Beyond movie for theatrical release. The film will be based on the animated series of the same name, which ran from 1999-2001.

Batman Beyond was a follow-up to the immensely popular Batman: The Animated Series. The show takes place in a future Gotham with an aging Bruce Wayne finally choosing to abandon the mantle of Batman. After many years without the Dark Knight protecting Gotham, Terry McGinnis stumbles upon the secret of Bruce’s former life. Bruce is reluctant to allow his alter ego to return in any form, but after Terry’s father is murdered, he convinces Bruce that it’s time for someone else to don the Batsuit. The beloved series ran for three seasons and was well received by both fans and critics. 

After concept art for an unknown animated Batman film leaked online, Geeks WorldWide discovered that there is currently an animated Batman Beyond movie in the works through Warner Animation Group. Though few details have been released, there is a possibility that the film will begin production in 2020 with a theatrical release possibly in 2022. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

A live action Beyond would make so much sense with Warner's "new" vision of a non-Cinematic universe.

With the track record of live action vs animated DC movies... I'm a lot more excited to see what they produce in an animated movie.

The Spiderverse movie is the new target for animated superhero flix.  Hopefully they shoot for that quality.

3 hours ago, number305 said:

With the track record of live action vs animated DC movies... I'm a lot more excited to see what they produce in an animated movie.

The Spiderverse movie is the new target for animated superhero flix.  Hopefully they shoot for that quality.

The last several animated movies from Warner Bros. Animation have played it very safe., and thus have been pretty middle of the road  Not many have been outright bad, but nothing has come close to the originality and quality of Spiderverse.  I hope they break away from their seemingly current cookie-cutter mold, but a live action movie opens us to a new genre of superhero:  A futuristic film.  Marvel and DC films all take place in the present, or the past.  Only Days of Future Past gives us a tiny glimpse of a future world.  But they could go wild with Batman Beyond, much like the series did.

I didn't like how Timm focused all of Beyond's energies on making the original Batman heroes and  villains seem like idiots (especially Return of the Joker). But I did like the universe and future settings when it focused on them. So hopefully this movie won't try to hearken back to anyone/anything from before and will be about something of its own creation