Jonathan Nolan Intends To Finish Westworld at Some Point

WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

The writer-director-producer on his upcoming Amazon sci-fi series, how he wants to go back to 'Westworld' and the lessons of Peak TV: "If the lesson was to ease back on complexity or weirdness, I don't want to learn that lesson."

I can't imagine he would have a hard time getting a streamer to pony up the dough to finish the series with a limited series or movie as long as WB/Discovery let's them.

I mean, I was probably one of the few who was looking forward to the final season to see everything wrapped up before it got cancelled so I'm definitely down to see it end properly but it seems like it would be hard to line up all the actors' schedules that they'd need etc. I hope it happens.

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

Didn't it already end? 

It did end but because it was cancelled. The end of season 4 indicated that season 5 was clearly going to be the final season/final story arc but the show was cancelled despite everyone getting paid anyway so it seemed stupid for HBO to cancel the show right at the end after supporting it for 4 seasons to begin with but here we are.

COLLIDER.COM

The series was abruptly cancelled on November 4.

Before season 1 came out back in 2016, Jonathan Nolan and co. said they had a five season plan worked out, so it's particularly annoying to have had it cancelled with one season to go. However, they were apparently offered to get to do a season 5 but at a severely reduced budget so the showrunners balked and walked away. For the dozens of us that cared. :p 

COLLIDER.COM

Though HBO's 'Westworld' has yet to debut, showrunners Jonathan and Lisa Joy Nolan have already planned out at least five seasons of the sci-fi series.

COMICBOOK.COM

TV fans were stunned earlier this year when HBO announced that their once gold star series [...]