Gumroad Banning Adult Content of Any Kind (Citing Payment Processing Partners as the Reason)

Adult content on Gumroad - Gumroad Help Center

In accordance with the policies of our payment processing partners, including Stripe and PayPal, we do not allow sales of the sexually explicit content.
To be clear, this includes all types of media: photography, videos, animations, illustrations, written media, audiobooks, and audio products.

TECHCRUNCH.COM

Gumroad, an e-commerce company for creators, updated its rules to more strictly limit NSFW content, citing restrictions from payment processors like

Most of my interaction with art involves leaving the house, working from home makes me find things to get into that involve me not being here.  Went to see Julius Caesar Thursday night.  I'm not at all plugged into any online arts scenes.

• Shocked 1
  • Hype 1

48 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Most of my interaction with art involves leaving the house, working from home makes me find things to get into that involve me not being here.  Went to see Julius Caesar Thursday night.  I'm not at all plugged into any online arts scenes.

For me I really only got into gumroad because a lot of artists sell tutorials on there and at the time I wanted to get a few pointers, plus it's nice directly supporting the artist. Someone like Ahmed Aldoori just to name one off the top of my head. (or Sakimichan 🤫 )

MEDDERS.GUMROAD.COM

On Gumroad

And a few others I saw their gumroad before I subscribed to their patreon (Patreon is a lot cheaper if you want the artwork) - And I think I've mentioned this before. A long time ago I stopped subscribing to cable TV and wanted to put it towards supporting a few artists on patreon so I feel good about that as well.

• Thanks 1