Anyone have any experience exchanging a controller with Amazon?

dualhunter

I got the Switch Pro controller I gave my nephew for Christmas back because half the buttons don't work and it doesn't charge. I put in a request for a replacement with Amazon. The problem is that I was only given back the controller and the box (the main part, not the cardboard inside). The charging cable is in another city. Any idea if Amazon cares if the cable is missing? Or should I throw mine in the box to be safe and take the one from the replacement before giving it to my nephew?

I returned a defective Elite 2 controller without a part (I forget exactly what, the charger or something) and I still got refunded no questions asked. They do such insane volume I’m guessing nobody is looking at that shit. 

Throw in what you have. At most make sure the controller is clean so they don't flag your account as just ordering a new one to swap with your older controller. If you feel paranoid I think normally amazon (at least in canada they do) will ship out the replacement before you need to send the previous one back. Just take the stuff from the new one and just swap the outer box and controller for sending back.

When I started the process it sounded like they're going to deliver the new one and then I'd have 30 days to send in the old one. After selecting the default delivery option it sounds like they're going to pick up the old one when they deliver the new one. The pickup is scheduled for tomorrow so if the delivery guy doesn't have the new one I'll have to wait, probably not long though. Next couple of games I play with a controller, I'll probably use a different controller and I have a really short USB to USB C cable I can use if I have to so I'll probably just put mine in the box and take the new one.

Honestly you could throw in any non compatible usb cable and it wouldn’t matter. Someone will open it to see a controller and cable,  hit the check box to say it was received, then it will be getting shuffled around for who knows how long. Might even just end up in a lot of broken/returned items and sold for pennies.

Looks and feels like Nintendo is cheaping out on cables compared to when I got my Pro controller. Might be a bit shorter too but it works and is brand new. The controller works too, all the buttons work in the Steam controller test. On the old one, no shoulder buttons worked, the Amiibo button didn't work nor the - and + which were x and / (rotated and swapped positions plus they were stuck pushed in). It didn't work unless it was plugged in and even then the charge light didn't light up. The weird thing is I used the controller at Christmas without noticing it was defective. I only used it for one game of Fifa and the stick and face buttons worked though. At least my nephew noticed the problem and they got it back to me  within the extended holiday return window.

• Halal 1