Anyone else excited that leaf blower bans are becoming more common place?

stepee

29 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I think they annoying ones are those that are used by the professional landscapers.

Using a landscaper was much more common when I was in Michigan than here -- everyone in my neighbourhood used them there, no one does here.  (Probably because of the bigger properties, and the fact it was so cheap there, and so expensive here.)

I guess that makes sense. If it's those loud gas ones and they're constantly going I could see that getting annoying. But everybody in my neighborhood uses the electric ones that I can tell.

27 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I guess that makes sense. If it's those loud gas ones and they're constantly going I could see that getting annoying. But everybody in my neighborhood uses the electric ones that I can tell.

I used to have an electric plug-in one and it was terrible, so I bought a 2-stroke gas one about 7 years ago.

I believe, in the interim, most of the leaf blowers have moved to battery powered ones.

• Guillotine 1

38 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I used to have an electric plug-in one and it was terrible, so I bought a 2-stroke gas one about 7 years ago.

I believe, in the interim, most of the leaf blowers have moved to battery powered ones.

Yeah all the ones I see are battery powered. Mine included obvs.

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

@stepee doesn’t mind the homeless fentanyl junkies shitting in the middle of the streets but goddamn draws the line with leaf blowers. 

I mean something I’ve never seen is bound to annoy me much less than something I hear at least every other day (including right now arghhhh)!

• Sad 1

Also I should have been more clear I’m talking about gas powered ones. Electric ones may be quieter and not bother me, I have no comment on those and don’t think any laws are targeting them right now. What I see/hear around here are gas powered ones, so that is what I’m talking about.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean something I’ve never seen is bound to annoy me much less than something I hear at least every other day (including right now arghhhh)!

Meth causes street shitting, @Biggie sees the heroin and fentanyl junkies oding in front of their kids on street corners.

• Sad 2