NOLVUS V5- Sweet Baby Jeebus!

Mr.Vic20

22 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Do I? It didn't mention I owned it on the Steam page. Does it show up in your library as anniversary edition? Because I only see Skyrim and Special Edition.

EDIT: Yeah, no DLC options when I right click the game to check properties, and when I install the game and open it, it just has a big ad for buying the anniversary upgrade. Classic Bethesda!

Not that you necessarily want to buy anything at all but fyi the upgrade is $8 on cdkeys, saw it because I went ahead and got the anniversary edition myself for $14 as I didn’t even have SE!

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Not that you necessarily want to buy anything at all but fyi the upgrade is $8 on cdkeys, saw it because I went ahead and got the anniversary edition myself for $14 as I didn’t even have SE!

Hm, $8 is a lot more reasonable than $20. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Do I? It didn't mention I owned it on the Steam page. Does it show up in your library as anniversary edition? Because I only see Skyrim and Special Edition.

EDIT: Yeah, no DLC options when I right click the game to check properties, and when I install the game and open it, it just has a big ad for buying the anniversary upgrade. Classic Bethesda!

Check your gifts! 

• Like 1
  • Hype 2

Alright, only had a brief chance to play, but visually the difference is pretty striking. Outdoor areas are a bit odd because you can see a lot of textures still being fullbright when they should be in shade, but the quality of everything is so dramatically higher than the base game, though there's still the occasional bug. Like the beheading at the beginning, the dude's weird face rags were left floating in the air where his head was prior to being removed, which was funny.

Seems like every other menu has a tooltip from a mod popping up, which makes sense with 2000 mods, but is a little annoying the first time around. Seems to clear up pretty quick though. Only had a chance to do a few minutes of combat, and while the bones seemed the same (at least when swinging a 1-handed axe at level 1) the fact that enemies actually react to being struck with more than just an occasional weird twitch is a huge improvement. I'll wait and see how it develops, but combat at least feels more kinetic and impactful, which was always the worst part of Skyrim combat; slashing away at an unflinching enemy while doing chip damage to their giga health bar. Or going the punk ass bitch route of stealth archer so you basically don't do combat, which is an even more damning admission that it sucked.

I look forward to digging into this more, the amount of things that have been changed is staggering. Also I selected nudity, as it said "some" character would become fully nude when their clothes were removed. Every time I loot the armor off someone it's full on cock n balls or vag. Physics enabled too! In a weird way. If you try and step on a lady, and this is the weirdest shit I've ever seen in a game, her boobs will of course fly around all crazy, but her vagina will also become a real gaper and react in the most unusual ways. 10/10

• Haha 2
  • Hype 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

No sir! IF you plan to run it in 1080p, you might be able to swing, though that's hardly the point here, right? 

Yeah especially since I'd be adding a subscription on top of it. 

It did make me boot up the game though. It still has the ability to suck me in for a few hours. 

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

Yeah especially since I'd be adding a subscription on top of it. 

It did make me boot up the game though. It still has the ability to suck me in for a few hours. 

I end up reloading it once a year, it just scratches that very specific itch!