Kim Kardashian: Hollywood Shutting Down After 10 Years

We’ve made the decision to sunset Kim Kardashian: Hollywood — starting today, the game will no longer offer in-app purchases, and it will also be removed from all app stores and will no longer be available for download. Players who already have the game installed on their devices can continue to play Kim Kardashian: Hollywood and use any existing in-game virtual currency until April 8, 2024. After April 8, 2024, the game will become inaccessible for all players.

I know this is a big "who cares" from a lot of you but this was kind of a daily distraction for me. I never paid any money to play the game and I only checked it out because there was such a big controversy of how much people were spending in the game. But it had a little interesting story mode, which went away after the past few years. You could tell this thing was winding down so I'm not too surprised it is shutting down.

The fans of the game do appear to be saddened by the news, even some have started a petition to keep it going which will do nothing. :p

What is interesting in recent years EA had actually bought this game and the mobile developer. Good luck to them in the future I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Is this where we find out this game made way more money than most beloved AAA game releases the last few years?

According to the article it made $1.6 million in the first five days it was released and made $156 million in sales as of 2016

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

According to the article it made $1.6 million in the first five days it was released and made $156 million in sales as of 2016

Is it wrong that I somehow expected it to make over a billion?

18 hours ago, best3444 said:

Is that actually a lot? I have no idea. 

Well The Last of Us 2 claims to have sold 10 million copies, if you used just the raw number (saying that each copy was $70 which it certainly wasn't) that would mean it made 70 million dollars in 4 years. But it also cost 200 million to make so...

This mobile game cost considerably less and made much more. (Math is wrong as corrected below)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well The Last of Us 2 claims to have sold 10 million copies, if you used just the raw number (saying that each copy was $70 which it certainly wasn't) that would mean it made 70 million dollars in 4 years. But it also cost 200 million to make so...

This mobile game cost considerably less and made much more.

70*10= 700

• Shocked 1
  • True 1