Euphoria is a difficult watch but extremely impressive

best3444

It's difficult because I understand what Zendaya's character is going through to a certain extent. I'm an alcoholic and have addiction issues so to watch her detox is brutal but very real. I never seen Zendaya in anything but her acting in this is eye openingly good. It has two seasons on HBO Max and I just randomly ran into it. I'm almost finished with it but it's something I'd recommend watching. Here is the story summary:

"An American adaptation of the Israeli show of the same name, "Euphoria" follows the troubled life of 17-year-old Rue, a drug addict fresh from rehab with no plans to stay clean. Circling in Rue's orbit are Jules, a transgender girl searching for where she belongs; Nate, a jock whose anger issues mask sexual insecurities; Chris, a football star who finds the adjustment from high school to college harder than expected; Cassie, whose sexual history continues to dog her; and Kat, a body-conscious teen exploring her sexuality. As the classmates struggle to make sense of their futures, the series tackles the teenage landscape of substance-enhanced parties and anxiety-ridden day-to-day life with empathy and candor".

The acting overall is some of the very best I've seen from the entire cast. 

zendaya is an amazing actor. first season is fantastic. 

23 minutes ago, _BJ_ said:

I don't know if I can continue with no Fez. My favorite part of the show. 

But yes, Zendaya has been amazing in this show. 

idk how much fez was even going to be in the third season 

I watched the first season earlier this year. It was well acted and it looked great, but I couldn’t stand the writing. I understand it’s supposed to be heightened, but it was exhausting. I couldn’t help but think all these kids just needed to chill the hell out and play some video games or something. 

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I watched the first season earlier this year. It was well acted and it looked great, but I couldn’t stand the writing. I understand it’s supposed to be heightened, but it was exhausting. I couldn’t help but think all these kids just needed to chill the hell out and play some video games or something. 

It is absolutely stressful to watch and takes something out of me when I do watch. I agree, these hs kids need to relax and play some Xbox or something. Fez comes off like he is incredibly high in it which I love. He is a great character so it's sad he actually passed away from drugs. 

23 hours ago, johnny said:

zendaya is an amazing actor. first season is fantastic. 

idk how much fez was even going to be in the third season 

I didn't know what you meant by this until I saw the ending tonight. Yea, his character was basically finished anyway...

I think Fez was set to have a big role in season 3. I don't know how,  but Levinson had stated that. 

Spoiler

He was supposed to die in the finale but they switched it to Ashtray I believe on the day of shooting. No one could predict the tragedy, but I really want to know how they planned to continue his story line.

24 minutes ago, _BJ_ said:

I think Fez was set to have a big role in season 3. I don't know how,  but Levinson had stated that. 

Hide contents

He was supposed to die in the finale but they switched it to Ashtray I believe on the day of shooting. No one could predict the tragedy, but I really want to know how they planned to continue his story line.

probably from prison with a few scenes talking to somebody lol 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, _BJ_ said:

Hide contents

Sad. 

The show is really good, it gets a lot of hate for everything always being cranked up to 11 but that's how important emotions and issues feel like to older teenagers. The show has incredible style, it's certainly a style over substance show, but the show nails the tone and atmosphere its going for. It's an almost ridiculously fucked up show, but it's never boring.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Oh! Two bonus episodes were made that I wasn't aware of. The first bonus episode was Zendaya and her sponsor speaking about addiction and life in a diner. 1 hour of conversation and it was gripping. 

The two bonus episodes are pretty important and bridge season 1 to season 2. I certainly hope you saw them before watching season 2.