N.J. aired $100k ad campaign featuring Governor Murphy's wife after she joined Senate race

Jason

• 4 months later...

Aaaaaand she's gone!

WWW.CNBC.COM

Tammy Murphy's exit widens the path for Democratic Rep. Andy Kim to secure the party nomination and replace indicted Sen. Bob Menendez.

Tammy Murphy, the wife of New Jersey Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy, announced Sunday that she would withdraw from the state’s Democratic Senate primary contest. The winner of that June 4 election will become the favorite to replace indicted Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez.

“After many busy, invigorating, and yes, challenging months. I am suspending my Senate campaign today,” Murphy said in a Sunday post on X. “It is clear to me that continuing in this race will involve waging a very divisive and negative campaign, which I am not willing to do.”

Murphy’s exit widens the path for Democratic Rep. Andy Kim to lock down his frontrunner status ahead of the primary.

• Like 1

So the NJ county line voting system that Kim is currently suing to abolish, I didn’t realize just how fucked up it is until someone compared to a regular ballot. I mean that’s the only ballot I’ve ever seen in my life so how would I know?!

WWW.ABOLISHTHELINE.ORG

Making New Jersey Elections Fair. End the "Line" for representative democracy and accountability in New Jersey.