Update (11/06): Once valued at $47 billion, coworking-space provider WeWork files for bankruptcy

19 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

71VVk7m8aIL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

There was a period during the pandemic where the none of the handful of people physically in my office would have questioned it if I'd just rolled one of those down to my car, and I know the internal tracking for stuff like the chair is basically nonexistent so zero chance anyone would have noticed it was missing once I wheeled it out. Stupidly like half the reason I didn't is because I would have had to pay for the headrest attachment since for us those are special request items for ergo accommodations. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I took my office chair home during Covid. 

I had to bring it back, but no one said a thing. I know a guy who also took his standing desk from the office lmao.

If you brought your chair home they were on a bit of a crusade to get you to bring it back, but I'm guessing that only really mattered if you tried to ask for a new one on top of the one you brought home, or if you were vacating your office for whatever reason and there was no chair in there (we do have two different types of chairs, not sure if they actually mark down which type you're assigned). But I totally could have just grabbed one from an unassigned cube or office and nobody would have had any way to track it. Or you could have just come in and wheeled one from an unassigned cube/office into yours if you really didn't want to back in the one you took home.

4 hours ago, CayceG said:

I took my office chair home during Covid. 

I had to bring it back, but no one said a thing. I know a guy who also took his standing desk from the office lmao.

I bought so many of those standing desks you toss on top of a desk at the start of the pandemic and I told everyone to never return them. All I could think of was trying to come up with a way to store these gigantic slabs of wood and steel if everyone was forced to come back into the office. Nope.

It's no longer "near" bankruptcy.

WWW.CNBC.COM

Office-sharing company WeWork filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in federal court Monday.

Office-sharing company WeWork filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in New Jersey federal court Monday, saying that it had entered into agreements with the vast majority of its secured note holders and that it intended to trim “non-operational” leases.

The bankruptcy filing is limited to WeWork’s locations in the U.S. and Canada, the company said in a press release. The company reported liabilities ranging from $10 billion to $50 billion, according to a bankruptcy filing.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update (11/06): Once valued at $47 billion, coworking-space provider WeWork files for bankruptcy