Sicario 3 - A Thread

SoberChef

COLLIDER.COM

The ‘Sicario’ producers also talk about Taylor Sheridan’s involvement in the next sequel.

Since we *shockingly* don't have a thread for either of the previous Sicario films, plus the fact that this news dropped today, figured why not make a thread for any and all updates going forward.

I love the first one but never got around to the second given its general reception.

Neither of the first two made much money, I'm surprised they'd bother going back to the well. Maybe they're hoping that Yellowstone has sufficiently boosted Taylor Sheridan's profile so as to make a third?

Get Villeneuve and Deakins back and I'll be excited.

It's about time they announced this - Taylor Sheridan said he had a trilogy planned out. I recently rewatched the first two and while the first is of course untouchable, the second is underrated. I liked it the first time but moreso on a repeat viewing - it's a pretty grimy and grim film (no surprise coming from director Stefano Sollima, who brought that tone to his previous work on the Italian TV series Gomorrah). It's quite connected to the first film and expands a lot on the operations going on in Mexico with two really good action scenes. People should give it another shot and I look forward to a third.

• Hugs 1