‘Aquaman 2’ Flooded With Drama: Jason Momoa Allegedly Drunk on Set, Amber Heard Scenes Cut, pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild’s Letter to WB and More (Variety)

The nonsense surrounding this film will undoubtedly be INFINITELY more entertaining than the movie itself! 

These waters are getting choppy.

On the same day in mid-September that Warner Bros. dropped the trailer for its $215 million “Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom,” embarrassing documents from the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard defamation trial surfaced on Reddit, creating a new headache for the studio behind the film.

Depp fans paid the court fees for the release of documents from Heard’s therapist, Dr. Dawn Hughes. The raw notes, scribbled on a legal pad, were part of last year’s high-profile trial in which Depp largely prevailed. They describe a hostile “Aquaman” set where an allegedly intoxicated Jason

Momoa dressed like Depp and pushed to have Heard booted from the role of aquatic superhero Mera.

“Jason said he wanted me fired,” the notes say. “Jason drunk — late on set. Dressing like Johnny. Has all the rings too.”

Ultimately, the studio never pulled the trigger on firing Heard because her former boyfriend, pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild, had one of his litigators send a “scorched-earth letter to Warner Bros. threatening to burn the house down” if the actress wasn’t brought back for a sequel, says a source familiar with the behind-the-scenes battle. Warner Bros. caved and moved forward with Heard. (Musk did not respond to a request for comment.)

I feel like DC superhero movies carry extra baggage and drama with them. I can’t really think back and remember much going on with the Marvel movies. With DC i immediately remember a few things. Like the reshoots and Henry Cavill mustache drama with Justice League. The Ezra Miller stuff with The Flash. Didnt something happen with The Rock saying something about Black Adam at release? Now we got even more with Aquaman 2.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Jonathan%20Majors%20loki%20gq.jpg

I was about to say that nobody really watched Quantumania, follow that up with how I need to go back and finish the movie because I only watched half of it, and then had to go and rewrite all this when I realized I DID go back and watch the rest of it; it was just that forgettable.

21 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I was about to say that nobody really watched Quantumania, follow that up with how I need to go back and finish the movie because I only watched half of it, and then had to go and rewrite all this when I realized I DID go back and watch the rest of it; it was just that forgettable.

I saw it in theater with my son when it was out. When it hit Disney+ he had barely any memory of it.

3 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I saw it in theater with my son when it was out. When it hit Disney+ he had barely any memory of it.

That's the thing about a lot of these Marvel movies. A lot of them are really forgettable. I'm guessing that's probably better than these aggressively bad DC movies mired in bad press.

I will note, that even if you include Jonathan Majors' asshattery, it didn't affect Quantumania since none of that stuff came out until a month or two after the movie's release. WB, instead, has all the pre release oxygen being consumed by these dumpster fires.

• True 1

• 2 months later...