Microsoft introduces new strike system for Xbox online/social features

Spork3245

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:
image004-04165e41841930c0754b-dd52b7ee8b
NEWS.XBOX.COM

As Xbox continues to foster a safe and inclusive environment, we are introducing an enforcement strike system to help players better understand how their actions on the platform impact their...

Enforcement_Stacking_User_Journey_Infogr 

I should be old enough to have aged out of getting suspended for anything. 

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

but had they gone into the Xbox 360 era with this policy they’d have lost big time to Sony. :lol: 

The Xbox 360 succeeded because you could call Cole Train players the n word with the headset / show your dick to Uno players via the Live camera.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

The Xbox 360 succeeded because you could call Cole Train players the n word with the headset / show your dick to Uno players via the Live camera.

Lol I forgot I used to play uno on xbl with the camera. Yea, shit got creepy on there. 

I got called the N-word so many times through chat and DM's that I just stopped using them all together. It's why today I don't play with randoms and I don't accept messages or friend requests from people I don't know. It's almost LAUGHABLE that they are introducing this "feature" now when they could and should have done this YEARS ago. It's one thing for people to call you names during voice chat during a match, it's a whole other thing when they take the time to message you directly after a match with harassing voice and text messages with zero repercussions. My reaction to this and the notion that THIS feature could be abused as opposed to what has been going on on this and other services is :|

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

39 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I got called the N-word so many times through chat and DM's that I just stopped using them all together. It's why today I don't play with randoms and I don't accept messages or friend requests from people I don't know. It's almost LAUGHABLE that they are introducing this "feature" now when they could and should have done this YEARS ago. It's one thing for people to call you names during voice chat during a match, it's a whole other thing when they take the time to message you directly after a match with harassing voice and text messages with zero repercussions. My reaction to this and the notion that THIS feature could be abused as opposed to what has been going on on this and other services is :|

But if someone tells me I can’t say SOMETHING we’re a step away from being told I can’t say ANYTHING and isn’t that the REAL problem? 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I got called the N-word so many times through chat and DM's that I just stopped using them all together.

I feel like I've lucked out in that regard on the PC at least in regards to DOTA. I think I've heard it a couple of times, like some Peruvians or some guy said it out of frustration but it wasn't aimed at me. Maybe it just depends on what game is being played with how much the N word is said.