Rumor: Jez Corden insinuates that something StarCraft-related is in development

ANYTHING BUT AN ACTUAL WARCRAFT IV, RIGHT BLIZZARD?!?!

screenshot_1-2.jpg
INSIDER-GAMING.COM

StarCraft 3 is reportedly in development, at least that's what one journalist seemed to claim in a Q&A on Twitter.

The next game in the acclaimed StarCraft series seems to be on its way. According to journalist Jez Corden, StarCraft 3 is currently in development at Blizzard.

In a reply to a fan's question on Twitter about Microsoft reviving StarCraft if/when its purchase of Activision Blizzard closes, Corden says that won't need to happen.

"[Microsoft] won't need to revive StarCraft," Corden said.

A different user specifically asked if it was StarCraft 3 and if Corden knew anything about it, and he responded with a simple one-word answer: "Yep".

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Rumor: Jez Corden insinuates that something StarCraft-related is in development

I honestly don't even know what a WarCraft IV would even look like at this point if they tried it. Blizzard games have such a problem where they start off with a really simple, tight, story. OG WarCraft was fucking Orcs, and fucking Humans, it was right there in the name. But all they know how to do is just make everything constantly escalate, constantly add a newer, bigger, greater threat to the point where the story of modern WoW is almost unrecognizable next to original WarCraft. Diablo was kind of the same way. Started off as just a dude going down through the floors of a church till ya got to Hell and killed ole man himself. StarCraft, by nature of being a intergalactic space war obviously starts out big in scope, so its not that big a deal, but I just don't know if I trust Blizzard's narrative chops these days.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

It will be a Starcraft FPS! RTS is DEAD

THEY GONNA REVIVE GHOST!?!?:pikachu:

I’m joking but if it were happening my friend go fucking nuts. He had a pre-order in for this game at a local EB Games for years before he finally gave up hope. . . 7 years ago. The clerk had a laugh when he popped out his pre-order receipt and gave him his money back. 

• Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1