WHITE PEOPLE, CALM DOWN

stepee

5 hours ago, stepee said:

I seriously had to hear a full fucking speech because some dude didn’t want to show a last their ID to purchase a cigar. Because that’s their super sensitive private data bla bla eye rollllllllllllll.

I've never minded showing my ID for anything.  The only time I get privacy squeamish is when I run into a place that insists on scanning in the PDF417 barcode on the back of licenses instead of just reading the date off the front.  But I don't get mad at the employee or anything.  In those cases I just politely decline and put my stuff back and go elsewhere to buy whatever it is I was going to buy.

55 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I worked in retail for long enough to know everyone needs to calm down, but yes, especially white people. 

I've worked in enough spaces to have been fucked by people of all colors, races, and gender identities.

I had a gun pulled on me once, and I can 100% guarantee you that the person would never fit the profile you have in your head when you think of "guy who pulls a glock in a restaurant."