WHITE PEOPLE, CALM DOWN

stepee

I haven’t really been going out a lot since the accident so maybe I just forgot that it’s like this or maybe it’s a Nevada thing but I keep sitting next to or ending up behind some white dude berating the help for following the company rules and demanding special treatment. I’m on like my 5th incident and I’ve only been here about 24 hours.  I seriously had to hear a full fucking speech because some dude didn’t want to show a last their ID to purchase a cigar. Because that’s their super sensitive private data bla bla eye rollllllllllllll.

Then just now I had to listen to this complete dickhead berate the staff because they wouldn’t give him chips and salsa as he just arrived to the place past closing time. They said that the kitchen was closed and then he gets into the technicalities how they coulllld just give him the salsa and chips because they don’t need the kitchen to cook chips and salsa. It ends with him demanding to talk with the manager.

Again, this guy is coming in past closing time to sit there and eat free chips and salsa while they are trying to close. They give into his demand because he’s being loud and troublesome and they just want to shut him up. Then he starts gloating loudly that he got the chips and calling the guy who told him no a “fucking prick” like he somehow proved he was right not that he was being a big fucking diaper baby. 

In all incidents, surprisingly, the recipient of their ire is a person of color.

• Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Whereas I don't even wanna order food if the place is 30 minutes to close. For some places, you really can just order up until the last minute with no fuss, but I don't wanna risk it.

I’ve been thinking recently about my 4090 donation for when I get 5000 series I assume next fall. Before someone else does, would you like to claim that?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

because some dude didn’t want to show a last their ID to purchase a cigar.

In my experience, with zero exceptions, anyone who smokes cigars is a total cocksucker.

Apologies to any cigar smokers here, you cocksuckers.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

In my experience, with zero exceptions, anyone who smokes cigars is a total cocksucker.

Apologies to any cigar smokers here, you cocksuckers.

That makes sense but I thought cool people liked chips and salsa 

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’ve been thinking recently about my 4090 donation for when I get 5000 series I assume next fall. Before someone else does, would you like to claim that?

Uh, yeah! Like, I'm still rocking a 1070 over here and barely getting a solid 60 in Tales of Arise. Well, before I upped the LoD it was an easy solid 60 and it only struggles in the grassy area now, but at base level, I couldn't even get a solid 80-90 fps. Hell, not even a solid 75 lol. I'd be fuckin' thrilled, man.

Just now, Bacon said:

Uh, yeah! Like, I'm still rocking a 1070 over here and barely getting a solid 60 in Tales of Arise. Well, before I upped the LoD it was an easy solid 60 but at base level, I couldn't even get a solid 80-90 fps. Hell, not even a solid 75 lol. I'd be fuckin' thrilled, man.

The only thing is it’s super fucking big that’s why I asked! You’ll probably want to have a full tower for it. But if that’s ok you are slotted!

• Thanks 1

Just now, stepee said:

The only thing is it’s super fucking big that’s why I asked! You’ll probably want to have a full tower for it. But if that’s ok you are slotted!

Well, I was just about to make another post about that along these lines.

While I would be thrilled, I'm not sure that my case is big enough, but I'm am even more worried that my PSU is too weak and that my current MOBO would have a poor layout for it. My heat sync is kinda close to my gpu. I mean, my PC was built in 2016 with no top-of-the-line parts. While the 2000 series wasn't out yet, the 1000 series wasn't new either.

I mean, I'll still gladly take it as the first step to a better PC, but I totally get wanting to give it to someone who can use it right away and such. I'm not sure I'd be the best recipient. If you still wanna give it to me, fuckin' great, if not, man, big thanks for even offering. I just jumped the gun and didn't really think about the issues I could, and probably would have.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Well, I was just about to make another post about that along these lines.

While I would be thrilled, I'm not sure that my case is big enough, but I'm am even more worried that my PSU is too weak and that my current MOBO would have a poor layout for it. My heat sync is kinda close to my gpu. I mean, my PC was built in 2016 with no top-of-the-line parts. While the 2000 series wasn't out yet, the 1000 series wasn't new either.

I mean, I'll still gladly take it as the first step to a better PC, but I totally get wanting to give it to someone who can use it right away and such. I'm not sure I'd be the best recipient. If you still wanna give it to me, fuckin' great, if not, man, big thanks for even offering. I just jumped the gun and didn't really think about the issues I could, and probably would have.

I think we will just set it for you, as long as you are okay with the actual size of the computer being larger. That’s more what I’d be concerned about, I’m sure you can get parts for it, I’ll probably have some other extra stuff and so will other people too.

• Hype 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

I think we will just set it for you, as long as you are okay with the actual size of the computer being larger. That’s more what I’d be concerned about, I’m sure you can get parts for it, I’ll probably have some other extra stuff and so will other people too.

The card is more expensive than the rest of the parts of the computer so overall it's a good deal :p

• True 1

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

The card is more expensive than the rest of the parts of the computer so overall it's a good deal :p

Well I imagine it’ll be only worth like $1000 once the 5000 launches but yeah can probably build a new pc for $500 or so if you get some extra parts. I have a 850w psu which technically might work and some ssds too!

Just now, stepee said:

My desk is a dining room table. I have two monitors on it, my PC, PS5, two different controllers, a power strip, speakers, modem, keyboard, and mouse with room to spare. It'd be a little cramped in the front if I added a third monitor but I could do it. And none of that includes the miscellaneous stuff. Size matters not.

• Hype 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

None of this applies to me because I’m a wuss and just doing the electronic stuff but there are way too many people with cowboy hats here. 

Actually I’m playing digital poker tho lol so it does apply, I’m horrible at it tho