Apple TV's Silo

I read the book a while ago, but didn't enjoy it enough too keep going through the series. I enjoyed the show a bit more, even knowing the secrets. The whole production is well done and does a lot to elevate the material.

There is one through line that pays off at the end that I didn't feel was well communicated and I'm curious if non book readers felt confused at all.

Season ending spoilers:

Spoiler

Were any non-book readers confused at all by the role the IT's heat tape played? It's been a long time since I read the book, but I recall the heat tape being a bigger deal.

I watched the entire season and while I fully recognize that this is an extremely high quality, well-executed production, something about it simply didn't engage me to the extent that I actively looked forward to seeing the next episode.  In a sense, it's very similar to my overall sentiments towards another high quality, well-executed Apple TV+ series: Foundation.  For me, there's just something missing at the "heart" of this series that all of their other superlative aspects really just can't seem to compensate for.

I finished this today and I really enjoyed it. To the point that I'm tempted to start reading the books, but I don't want to spoil the TV show by doing so. A friend of mine has started reading the books and has already pointed out several differences between the show and the books. Provided this show is allowed to finish, maybe I'll check the books out then. There's only three.