We are definitely headed into a recession

35 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Reboots and remakes are nothing new. Friend of mine was surprised when I told him Scarface was a remake/ Reimaging.

Well yeah, but remaking everything that is still part of the social zeitgeist to try to become part of the golden era of TV convo isn't really in the same vein as what you're talking about.

• True 1

On 4/20/2023 at 4:38 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Reboots and remakes are nothing new. Friend of mine was surprised when I told him Scarface was a remake/ Reimaging.

I don't think anyone here is against the idea of remakes, it's more about remakes happening so soon after to movies that are still in the public consciousness.

It's important to note that the De Palma's Scarface came out 51 years after the original. That is much different than a franchise being rebooted 11 years after the last film was released.

With that said, even though Twilight is still remembered and loved by many Millennials and older Gen-Zers, it seems like younger Gen-Z kids and Gen-Alpha isn't very aware of it at all. I teach middle school and mention Twilight the other day and hardly any of them seemed to really know what it is. I'm sure this reboot will be aimed towards this demographic so there is potential to pull more fans into this franchise. Remaking Harry Potter on the other hand is a much different situation because most of these same kids have seen the movies and love them. While I have many issues with the Potter films I acknowledge they are beloved and still enjoyed by younger generations in a way that Twilight movies haven't.

11 minutes ago, Kamusha said:

I don't think anyone here is against the idea of remakes, it's more about remakes happening so soon after to movies that are still in the public consciousness.

It's important to note that the De Palma's Scarface came out 51 years after the original. That is much different than a franchise being rebooted 11 years after the last film was released.

With that said, even though Twilight is still remembered and loved by many Millennials and older Gen-Zers, it seems like younger Gen-Z kids and Gen-Alpha isn't very aware of it at all. I teach middle school and mention Twilight the other day and hardly any of them seemed to really know what it is. I'm sure this reboot will be aimed towards this demographic so there is potential to pull more fans into this franchise. Remaking Harry Potter on the other hand is a much different situation because most of these same kids have seen the movies and love them. While I have many issues with the Potter films I acknowledge they are beloved and still enjoyed by younger generations in a way that Twilight movies haven't.

I think it’s because everyone knows it has nothing redeeming about it. Its just a weird sexy teen vampire series. 

Harry Potter was the childhood of a whole generation, like Star Wars with mine. That’s very powerful. I don’t think those awful movies have that.

24 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I think it’s because everyone knows it has nothing redeeming about it. Its just a weird sexy teen vampire series. 

Harry Potter was the childhood of a whole generation, like Star Wars with mine. That’s very powerful. I don’t think those awful movies have that.

Twilight was pretty significant for a lot of people from that age group too... I never hit into it but it was pretty significant for preteens in the 00's, especially girls. 

Yeah Twilight is still fondly regarded by certain groups from a certain generation. It’s just hasn’t seemed to pull in newer generations in the way Harry Potter had. Again, I’ve been in education for over six year and I’m always hearing about Pokémon. It’s actually surprising how much stuff from my childhood is popular with middle schoolers now. 90’s nostalgia is very much in. My kids love Rugrats and Dragonball.