Dear everyone who uses work IM

stepee

I mean in that case the onus is on the person casting to not have those pop up if they are giving an important conversation and the IM shouldn’t be anything controversial! Like I don’t want to be imd about anything anyone wouldn’t feel comfortable with anyone else seeing in the first place.

But in the instance that someone does have to IM me something and needs to check if I’m by myself first then ok fine whatever, but that isn’t a reason I’ve had happen to me yet anyway so it doesn’t really apply.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean in that case the onus is on the person casting to not have those pop up if they are giving an important conversation and the IM shouldn’t be anything controversial! Like I don’t want to be imd about anything anyone wouldn’t feel comfortable with anyone else seeing in the first place.

This is a big fat L on the, Tell me you don't manage a team of client facing project managers without saying, 'I don't manage a team of client facing project managers challenge.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

This is a big fat L on the, Tell me you don't manage a team of client facing project managers without saying, 'I don't manage a team of client facing project managers challenge.

I mean I don’t lol, I manage technicians, I phrased this thread generally, but obviously the same office protocol would not apply to literally every person on the planet :P

But the general idea is to just if you have something really mundane to ask and there isn’t likely to be some big event you need to be scared of interrupting, just ask the damn question.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

If someone's casting their screen a zoom or whatever, an "intro" message also gives them cover to hide the app / preview before something's blasted to god knows who.

Hello.

Horse cock? 

• Haha 1

Look it sounds like everyone who likes waiting for people to get to the point is just talking shit about things over IM a lot, I only want it used for general work purposes, if you want to vent give me a call. I don’t like responding to anything like that through written communication anyway. 

31 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Bitching about the boss, complaining about the company, calling a client names, etc. should happen verbally and if you type that shit on a company computer and send it over a company VPN...

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Im so glad you get it and wish we were coworkers 

• Hugs 1