food kicks

stepee

Been doing up a blender full of fire roasted salsa every week the past few weeks and it's been a revelation. Having some on hand to add to almost anything is a real game changer. 

We top our eggs and fresh tortillas with it, dip our chips in it, mix it with any meat for dinner it's just wild. It's really nice getting a good serving of veggies too even though your brain thinks it's all just flavor. 

Like my god it's so easy too just quarter your pepper, red onion and tomatoes and throw them on a pan under the broiler (with a little oil, salt and pepper). Maybe a couple cloves of garlic too and a jalapeno to taste. Literally just wait until it's as burned up as you like it and throw it in a blender with a little extra water and a huge handful of cilantro (trust me on this). 

Don't even get me started on the fresh tortillas either holy shit. I could probably die before I ate scrambled eggs again and that would be fine but a fresh tortilla, some fire roasted salsa on there? Wow. Just wow. 

My appetite is all over the place, but mostly in the “not hungry” mode (even after toking) So what has been rocking my world is a good stir fry. Make some rice in a pot with chicken broth and butter. Then sauté some sweet onion, shredded cabbage, small pieces of steak, garlic gloves slivered, and some carrot. Mixed although with a mixture of a few dashes of Worcestershire, soy sauce, white vinegar, few dashes of Montreal pepper, and just a touch of water. Don’t know why, but my taste buds is just craving that salty and bitterness.