Attention Reputator - this might be of some interest to you!

Commissar SFLUFAN

@Reputator - how about this for PixelPipes?!?!

GGgwYKynHxEJfjAkBtKgmF-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The 3dfx Voodoo 5 6000 is a relic of PC hardware past and there's currently one for sale on eBay.

Take a look at this graphics card artefact. No, not a visual artefact, this is a prime piece of graphics card history, a Voodoo 5 6000, and it's on sale on eBay. This is the last graphics card out of 3dfx Interactive, a company once famed for ruling the graphics industry. Sadly the company crumbled before this GPU ever made it to market, and very few of these cards were ever produced as prototypes.

This exact listing is for a Voodoo 6 6000 revision 3700A, which makes it one of the last to be manufactured before the whole prototyping project was shuttered entirely. That also means it's one of the few Voodoo models with most of the bugs squashed. It was built on a 250nm  process, a far cry from the 7nm process nodes largely used for today's best graphics cards(opens in new tab).

The card is currently selling for $13,200(opens in new tab) (via Sweclockers(opens in new tab)), but that figure has been steadily increasing with every day. There's still five days left for the listing, too, so expect it to fetch a small fortune by the end of the auction. After all, it's a highly sought after prize for collectors.

• Shocked 1

lol it's amazing the amount of news coverage this is getting. The value of anything with "3dfx" branding on it has skyrocketed in the last few years, but even taking that into account and the fact that this is a fully working unreleased card, that price is still absolutely ludicrous.

• Haha 1

Very first graphics card I ever bought was a voodoo card {Model I can't remember} from Circuit City around 25 years ago. Was mostly playing Doom and Diablo 2 at the time! I had them put in my Dell PC. I remember we also upgraded the RDram and it was stupid expensive at the time. They fucked up my PC and we had to do a full system install. We had home movies of my Wifes Mom using a usb webcam that we lost. This traumatized us and I have been upgrading and building my own PC ever since. What was so bad was my wife's mom was dying of Cancer and she was doing little video logs on our PC. We charashed those videos after she passed away. We learned a hard lesson on the importance of backing up pictures and home videos the very very hard way.

• Hugs 1

27 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Very first graphics card I ever bought was a voodoo card {Model I can't remember} from Circuit City around 25 years ago. Was mostly playing Doom and Diablo 2 at the time! I had them put in my Dell PC. I remember we also upgraded the RDram and it was stupid expensive at the time. They fucked up my PC and we had to do a full system install. We had home movies of my Wifes Mom using a usb webcam that we lost. This traumatized us and I have been upgrading and building my own PC ever since. What was so bad was my wife's mom was dying of Cancer and she was doing little video logs on our PC. We charashed those videos after she passed away. We learned a hard lesson on the importance of backing up pictures and home videos the very very hard way.

Damn..... That's really freakin sad. The worst part is, had you been able to do it yourself then, you could have probably copied those videos off of there before formatting.