Best time of the year for a teacher, observations tomorrow!

gamer.tv

My head teacher (aka boss) and English lead (the one responsible for all the teaching of English in school) are coming round to see us teach. 

Nothing like the pressure of people scrutinising you do your job in detail.

All on prep for a few weeks time when our trust (my school is in a partnership with 15 other schools) leaders will come to our school to do the same thing, but with all the subjects! 

You’ll be glad to know it went fine. Headteacher has said that I implement all the training I’ve received in my teaching and my explanations and modelling were good. If you care, I now need to make sure I’m meeting the demands of the kids I anticipate ‘nearly getting it right’ by giving them more practise and focused 1:1 time so they are secured on the lesson objective. 

I also didn’t have to revert to hitting or swearing which was good. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 2

3 hours ago, TheShader said:

Probably by constantly reminding himself that at least it's not middle school.

My wife taught middle school for a bit. Said the strangest bit about it is there’s some kids who are clearly mature enough for high school and some that are still just little kids. Can’t have a consistent teaching style because they’re all on different maturity levels and it’s changing constantly. 

7 hours ago, Biggie said:

Do you wear those shorty short rugby shorts in the classroom?

Right now it’s freezing so it’s my longy long rugby trousers! 

6 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

How do you stay sane?

They’re a lovely age group to teach and you just have to embrace all of it. I do internally die inside when, after checking we have all our equipment, someone waltzes over to tell

me they don’t have a pen/pencil about 5 minutes after we’ve started the independent task.

• Like 1