How do I convince my PS5 that I don't ACTUALLY own a PSPlus game?

XxEvil AshxX

If I remember correctly, the PS4 could differentiate the games that I actually owned... that I paid money for... from the games I've downloaded thru PSPlus or even streamed on PSNow. I'm looking at my PS5 and it doesn't seem to have that distinction. It just lists all this stuff that I don't actually own in my Game Library... even if it's just some random game I streamed for 5 minutes. Now, I haven't bought many digital PS4 games so I know what I own and what I don't, but still.

Anyways, I saw that Days Gone is on sale right now and I figured, since I don't know how long I'll sub to PSPlus, I'd grab it for a few bucks.

But because I've downloaded it, it keeps telling me I already own it. I attempted to purchase it, and it showed the regular price, then a discounted price of 100% and a total of $0. I clicked purchase because 'hey why not' but it still doesn't show up as me owning it. It doesn't even give me the option to purchase it for the sale price of about $16.

I'm pretty confused right now. 

2 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'll try that instead.

Even still, is there no way the PS5 can show what you have literally, actually purchased instead of all of this PSPlus shit?

Not that I can tell, because I have over 330 games in “my collection”, and I probably actually own less than 10% of those. I guess they really want PS+ to feel integral to the experience. 

• True 1

25 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Ugh.. that's annoying.

Anyways, I was able to purchase through the website. Thanks.

Wanna know what's really fun? If you do cancel your PS+ subscription, that shit ain't going anywhere! Stays in your collection, just with a big padlock icon on it. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Sony's store sucks! It all sucks horribly bad! And I feel like a crazy person cuz nobody in the media seems to give a shit!

I wasn't a fan of it on the PS4 but I had hoped they had figured it out by now. PS5's store app is better as far as speed and accessibility, but that's not really saying much.

That's not to say Xbox's is any better with it's 10 updates a fuckin week, but at least they have their shit properly sorted when it comes to owned, games with gold, and game pass downloads.

• True 1