Playing Skyrim again - need help on melee weapon mods

CitizenVectron

Got the itch, so reinstalling it for the 10th time (Steam). Installing the Special Edition, and I'll have to start the mod search once again. This time I'm focusing on melee weapons, I'll try to be some kind of brute, so I'll try and mod it with a bunch of new/extra weapons, since the base game isn't very great for those.

I also remember there being some kind of great melee combat mod that turned it into Zelda-esque, does anyone remember which mod that is?

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Got the itch, so reinstalling it for the 10th time (Steam). Installing the Special Edition, and I'll have to start the mod search once again. This time I'm focusing on melee weapons, I'll try to be some kind of brute, so I'll try and mod it with a bunch of new/extra weapons, since the base game isn't very great for those.

I also remember there being some kind of great melee combat mod that turned it into Zelda-esque, does anyone remember which mod that is?

Unfortunately, our resident Elder Scrolls/Fallout modding expert is no longer with us :p

I'd say your best bet would be to browse Nexus Mods and see what the highest rated combat mods are.

59 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Unfortunately, our resident Elder Scrolls/Fallout modding expert is no longer with us :p

I'd say your best bet would be to browse Nexus Mods and see what the highest rated combat mods are.

lol I've been on Nexus for the past two hours...far too many mods installed now, we'll see if I can even run it!

True Directional Movement adds 360 attacking and lock on targeting. Pair that with a Smooth Cam preset, or tweak your own. There are also a plethora of dodge mods with rolling dodges, personally I like the latest script-free version of TK dodge (TK Dodge RE). Jump Behavior Overhaul adds directional jumps akin to 3d Zelda. Vanguard Animations has some decent 1h sword animations that could feel zelda-like. You could also use Combat Gameplay Overhaul to allow jumping attacks, but be aware that it may screw up custom/mod added animations (turning off unlocked power attacks fixes some). 

I think with those mods you could tweak them to feel pretty 3d-zelda like

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

lol seriously the one time we could use him!

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

2300-0-1478173878.png
WWW.NEXUSMODS.COM

This is a mod that adds 105 new standalone weapons. 10 for each of the main material types (Iron, Steel, Orcish, Dwarven, Elven, Glass, Ebony, Dragonbone, Nordic and Daedric) and 5 for Stalhrim. All w

27644-1524717561-729473594.png
WWW.NEXUSMODS.COM

Immersive Weapons seeks to drastically enhance the variety of weapons in the world of Skyrim in a lore friendly way. The goal of every addition is to blend into the lore, balance and feel of the game

68425-0-1498676407.png
WWW.NEXUSMODS.COM

Ordinator overhauls the perk trees of Skyrim to increase the depth and fun of character building. It is highly compatible with other mods and uses lightweight and clean scripting.

My personal favorites

• Like 1