Robbie Coltrane has passed at 72

Reputator

You know what feeling when all of the celebrities that die are the same age/younger than your parents...

My mom is already dead (she was 60), but my dad is now 73 and I'm getting to the "it can happen any time" phase. Like any time my dad's girlfriend calls me I'm like "... fuck, I hope this isn't the call..."

My mom's death came out of nowhere. I didn't even know she was sick until after she was dead. Small cell liver cancer. It was like 3 days between diagnosis and death. She thought she had a particularly bad case of the flu. Turns out it was cancer that was 100% incurable. The doctor said she'd likely be dead within 36 hours.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

You know what feeling when all of the celebrities that die are the same age/younger than your parents...

My mom is already dead (she was 60), but my dad is now 73 and I'm getting to the "it can happen any time" phase. Like any time my dad's girlfriend calls me I'm like "... fuck, I hope this isn't the call..."

My mom's death came out of nowhere. I didn't even know she was sick until after she was dead. Small cell liver cancer. It was like 3 days between diagnosis and death. She thought she had a particularly bad case of the flu. Turns out it was cancer that was 100% incurable. The doctor said she'd likely be dead within 36 hours.

My mom is in her 60s. Dad is dead from cancer. Mortality is a bitch.

More and more of these deaths are coming. Maggie Smith is 87. Michael Gambon (Dumbledore) is 81.

It's weird to be in my 30s and already these celebrities from my childhood are falling like flies.