Tekken 8 (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - "Season 1" trailer

Commissar SFLUFAN

37 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I think I’m going to go ahead and get Season 1.  Anybody know how much it is and when does the first character come out? I think it’s $30?

I think it’s $40, or at least the only option I can find is to upgrade to the Deluxe edition. Eddie comes out “Spring” 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also tried out the replay thing. It's pretty cool and works against the computer too. It gives you tips on punishes you could have done or combos and you can practice right from the replay, and then once you're done it seamlessly continues the replay. :cool:

The game really is fantastic. Best Tekken ever

1 hour ago, legend said:

Okay, I think I'm going to get Tekken 8. But I have to figure out when :p P3 Reloaded is right around the corner and will probably dominate my time. I'm so behind on games.

Right now is the right time! Fighters are a game I can play no matter how busy I am with other games. It’s perfect to play while playing something else new. Do a few character stories which take about 10 minutes each in between and learn the game! You’ll be playing P3 for a long while, will be good to have something to break it up.

Was watching the DF weekly and they brought up Tekken 8 to gush about it some more. It’s the most responsive Tekken game yet! A good deal more responsive than Tekken 7, especially at launch. So I assume that is part of why this one feels particularly good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Right now is the right time! Fighters are a game I can play no matter how busy I am with other games. It’s perfect to play while playing something else new. Do a few character stories which take about 10 minutes each in between and learn the game! You’ll be playing P3 for a long while, will be good to have something to break it up.

Was watching the DF weekly and they brought up Tekken 8 to gush about it some more. It’s the most responsive Tekken game yet! A good deal more responsive than Tekken 7, especially at launch. So I assume that is part of why this one feels particularly good.

Yeah fighters do have that going for them. I will definitely consider it.

5 hours ago, legend said:

Okay, I think I'm going to get Tekken 8. But I have to figure out when :p P3 Reloaded is right around the corner and will probably dominate my time. I'm so behind on games.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Also as Max says the best time to get into a fighting game (if you play to play someone online) is when it's new. It's when everyone is playing it, everyone is figuring out how to play so you'll find easier competition than let's say in a couple months from now. Though Tekken is a bit different because it has a lot of legacy skill built in so competition might be a bit stiff but the point still stands. :p

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also as Max says the best time to get into a fighting game (if you play to play someone online) is when it's new. It's when everyone is playing it, everyone is figuring out how to play so you'll find easier competition than let's say in a couple months from now. Though Tekken is a bit different because it has a lot of legacy skill built in so competition might be a bit stiff but the point still stands. :p

After the first fight I can usually tell if I can hang with the person I'm fighting or they are about to kick the ever living shit outta me. Win or lose I always give them a rematch because how can you get any better if all you face are players worse than you.

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

43 minutes ago, Biggie said:

After the first fight I can usually tell if I can hang with the person I'm fighting or they are about to kick the ever living shit outta me. Win or lose I always give them a rematch because how can you get any better if all you face are players worse than you.

Unless you're getting way outclassed it is usually a good idea to rematch. The cowards are actually the people who WIN and then don't rematch.

• True 2

On 1/26/2024 at 9:02 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Don't hold your breath for SoulCalibur. Six was a pretty big failure and the producer bet his career on the game and has since left after it's poor sales numbers. They even just recently delisted SC5. Bad times for SoulCalibur fans but Bandai Namco wants nothing to do with that series anymore. :p

I don't "Hold my breath" for anything anymore these days but for maybe trying to tuck in my shirt under my belly....lol I loved Fighters back in the day, Mortal Kombat in the Arcades the first time seeing it will still always be an amazing memory. ALONG with Killer Instinct of course ARCADE was a stunner also!!. If you were a kid in the 80's WOW just WOW! 

Then Popping Soul Calibur in my Dreamcast day one was just such a badass time to be a gamer and another forever cherished memory and has left me wanting or patiently waiting for a true rebirth of THAT Game. Sad to read about the failure of 6, I didn't like it either very much but I always had hope something AWESOME was around the corner. Sucks getting old and reading/hearing somethings just may never happen. Lastly: Tekken was the very first game that I sat down and learned EVERY DAMNED 10 hit combo for all my favorite characters to the dismay of my then kids. I've never been a "Participation Trophy" guy so if you ever going to win, you gonna EARN IT...lol

I'll pick up Tekken when I see it on sale and I know for a fact going in i'm never going to be able to beat anyone online again. That ship has sailed...........

Just beat the story. OUR TIME IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Whoever is doing the explosions and smoke in this game, they did quite a good job I will say.

Also did the Panda combo trials in honor of her being least used. 🐼

They aren't that too hard actually most of them are the same.

• Hype 1

Beat the main story, that was great! I really like how they incorporated little changes to the gameplay outside of how a typical match would play out - little effects or cinematic flourishes/camera changes mixed in or even slight gameplay modifications to make the whole thing feel more like an interactive cinema. The story itself wasn’t as well done as a Neverrealm game but it was still fun enough. 

That whole staging of the final battle is just top tier craftsmanship. I see why they make it such a big part of the identity of Tekken 8. It’s really just pitch perfect and hype as fuck. That entire last battle was just hype I don’t know any better way to describe it.

Regarding the ending:

Wasn’t Reina hitting on her nephew then? Or am I imagining that? Also is there a reason she is so young beyond just cuz (considering she would be Jin’s Aunt) mostly just here for the Aunt fetish stuff

Also I wonder if the backstory for Jun movie that opens up after when it unlocks her character story is something that they will have for all of the dlc characters? Would make the high price of the expansion pass ($40 so $10 a fighter pretty much?) make more sense. 

Good story mode, tons of content to look forward to playing after that, online matches to play that don’t get old, seasons of incoming additional content in an ever-growing game - Namco just made the perfect live service game! The fighting game.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:
  Hide contents

Wasn’t Reina hitting on her nephew then? Or am I imagining that? Also is there a reason she is so young beyond just cuz (considering she would be Jin’s Aunt) mostly just here for the Aunt fetish stuff

I don't think so.

She had an interesting run up to this game where everyone knew who she was, and they kept it a secret in the game until the very end where it was confirmed what everyone knew. :silly:

But in the case of flirting or hitting on Jin. I think she was just putting on a facade, like oh hey I'm your biggest fan. But obviously she had ulterior motives as she acts differently everywhere else.

As for being young, we don't know how young she is but sperm is good forever. We don't know the mother.

And age is strange in this series anyway. Xiaoyu was like in high school in Tekken 3 and looks maybe in her 20s? in this game. While Heihachi got old as balls up till Tekken 7. Jin maybe is slightly older an wider.

I think the only person they gave an excuse for being younger looking was Nina because she was frozen up to the events in Tekken 5 or something.

8 hours ago, stepee said:

Crazy they have the soundtrack for all the games at launch as part of the initial package. The complete package of a game.

This was in Tekken 7 but only the Playstation version. So due to popular demand they put it in all versions in Tekken 8.

Went weird last night and got Tekken 1-8 all added on my deck and played a little of all of them in backwards order. They should do a collection, it’s fun seeing the older ones.

I also played some other 3D fighters from the era comparing it its contemporaries. Man did Tekken 1 age better than Battle Arena Toshiden! Really reminds you how important art is. I still love how the forest scene looks in Tekken 2.

Tekken 6 on psp almost impressed me most for how good it looks compared to the hardware it’s on! That is a handsome handheld game for that era. 

Tekken 7 looks significantly worse even maxed out than Tekken 8 on low and the performance isn’t much different, having to use medium settings on Steam Deck to hold 60fps Makes me feel good about UE5.

I might do a story run of all of them. Though you don’t get a real story mode until 4. 

5 hours ago, stepee said:

I also played some other 3D fighters from the era comparing it its contemporaries. Man did Tekken 1 age better than Battle Arena Toshiden! Really reminds you how important art is. I still love how the forest scene looks in Tekken 2.

Toshinden has one advantage though, Ten Count is not in Tekken.

Patch notes

WWW.TEKKEN-OFFICIAL.JP

業務用・家庭用ゲーム機用 対戦格闘アクションゲーム『鉄拳』シリーズの公式サイト。シリーズ作品のストーリーや登場キャラクター、操作方法、技表、壁紙やプロモーション映像などを公開中。

spacer.png

• Thanks 1