2022 Midterm Thread

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’m pretty sure he upvoted that post Dodger made on the general board about us being a bunch of rich out of touch liberals. Thought he added a comment of his own aboht how much he agreed with it. 

I guess that’s where this is coming from. 

Not you specifically, you're from Arkansas, but there are definitely people here with no idea how the other half live, or why they could possibly vote against their best interests. Its really easy to do when you live in a constant state of anger and economic depression, and liberals on tv are telling you how great you have it. Its easy to follow the anger that the GOP pushes into a movement that feels like it gives you purpose, even when it's not helping you in any way.

Not everyone here, but some are definitely coastal liberals who are. It's really easy to vote for a guy like Trump when you're mad at the world, and you've been told your whol life "liberals ruined our way of life". Especially in coal and mining country, where it's partially true. 

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

Not you specifically, you're from Arkansas, but there are definitely people here with no idea how the other half live, or why they could possibly vote against their best interests. Its really easy to do when you live in a constant state of anger and economic depression, and liberals on tv are telling you how great you have it. Its easy to follow the anger that the GOP pushes into a movement that feels like it gives you purpose, even when it's not helping you in any way.

Not everyone here, but some are definitely coastal liberals who are. It's really easy to vote for a guy like Trump when you're mad at the world, and you've been told your whol life "liberals ruined our way of life". Especially in coal and mining country, where it's partially true. 

I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that I’m pretty sure where this all came from. 

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Yet support the party that destroyed their blue collar union jobs in the pursuit of quarterly profits.

Their ignorance offends me 

Just now, TUFKAK said:

Yet support the party that destroyed their blue collar union jobs in the pursuit of quarterly profits.

Their ignorance offends me 

Agreed. I'm just saying I understand because I've lived through it. Fortunately I picked another path and didn't let anger destroy me, doesn't mean I don't understand where it comes from or the driving force of hate it can become.

10 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Agreed. I'm just saying I understand because I've lived through it. Fortunately I picked another path and didn't let anger destroy me, doesn't mean I don't understand where it comes from or the driving force of hate it can become.

So did I.

Now I’m an over paid state employee with a union and a pension. The exact thing these chuds want but supported the destruction of.

• Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

1 minute ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

What is everyone's go to brand for outboard motors? I'm a 75 hp 4 stroke Mercury kind of guy myself. I havent winterized yet, still plenty warm out to fish 

I’m not a boat person, but currently visiting my parents and my brother apparently waited til the last minute to winterize his boat. He was out late te other night trying to get it done, lol. 

My parents have 2 fishing boats, but I forget what kind. Just that one is a jet since we have some really shallow rivers around here. 

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

As a Trinidadian, I am required to only use Yamaha outboards.

All I can add to this, 29 years on a motorcycle, I’ve only ever rode blue. It’s what’s in my garage right now and I’ll be buying the 9sp, just for that cruise control, as soon as I can find one within 300 damn miles.